Repeating "Ticking Entity" crash on modded server version 1.18.2 forge version: 40.2.1

Tan0shi

My minecraft server does crash after a few minutes of playing because of an "Ticking Entity".

I've tried deleting the world, removing a few mods an then deleting the world and i'm coming to no solution.

We are currently playing on LAN because that's working fairly fine, but we are having some performance issues. And that's why we would prefer an dedicated server.

I would be very thankful for any recommandations!

Debug Log:

https://gist.github.com/Tan0shi1/d14cbeefbdafa0588005d60388ec31c7

Crash Report:

https://gist.github.com/Tan0shi1/087eff0cc92142f507dd2144b588fd74

You have a lot of errors relating to chunk loading.

From the errors is says you have data in the wrong files, missing files and data that is the wrong size (truncated).

The regions files include (-9, 1) (-9, 2) and (-8, 1).

By the way, that is not the debug.log - it has no debug statements.

So I can't see if there are any mods modifying the chunk loading that might be causing this.

Minecraft seems to be trying its best to fix the data as it reads it,

[23Apr2023 12:23:13.691] [Server thread/ERROR] [net.minecraft.world.level.chunk.storage.ChunkSerializer/]: Chunk file at [-237, 62] is in the wrong location; relocating. (Expected [-237, 62], got [-252, 56])

but then eventually it gave up and crashed.

I suggest you restore the save from a backup.

Edited by warjort

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

1 hour ago, warjort said:

You have a lot of errors relating to chunk loading.

From the errors is says you have data in the wrong files, missing files and data that is the wrong size (truncated).

The regions files include (-9, 1) (-9, 2) and (-8, 1).

By the way, that is not the debug.log - it has no debug statements.

So I can't see if there are any mods modifying the chunk loading that might be causing this.

Minecraft seems to be trying its best to fix the data as it reads it,

but then eventually it gave up and crashed.

I suggest you restore the save from a backup.

Thank you for your fast reply

sadly restoring a backup hasn't helped because the world got corrupted again.

I have even tried it with a new world and had the same problem.

And sorry my bad this should be the right log now: https://gist.github.com/Tan0shi1/83460ab9eaef7a647d59101421db6ac1

The only things I can see extra in the debug.log is:

[23Apr2023 12:17:33.408] [main/WARN] [mixin/]: @Redirect conflict. Skipping immersive_weathering-common.mixins.json:LevelChunkMixin->@Redirect::warn(Lorg/slf4j/Logger;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)V with priority 1000, already redirected by supplementaries.mixins.json:LevelChunkMixin->@Redirect::warn(Lorg/slf4j/Logger;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)V with priority 1000

Some conflict between immersive_weathering and supplementaries trying to modify how chunks work.

immersive_weathering doesn't seem to think the error is important, since it has ignored the problem?

And you have a mod called "FastLoad" that changes how chunk loading works.

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

1 hour ago, warjort said:

The only things I can see extra in the debug.log is:

Some conflict between immersive_weathering and supplementaries trying to modify how chunks work.

immersive_weathering doesn't seem to think the error is important, since it has ignored the problem?

And you have a mod called "FastLoad" that changes how chunk loading works.

I've removed all of these mods and created a new world, but it's still the same.

This time the ticking entity error appeared when generating the new world.

Do you have more recommendation i can try?

The only thing I can suggest is you build your modpack one mod at time (or in small groups) and test it with a new world.

That way you will know which mod is causing the problem.

Boilerplate:

13 minutes ago, warjort said:

The only thing I can suggest is you build your modpack one mod at time (or in small groups) and test it with a new world.

That way you will know which mod is causing the problem.

Okay i‘m going to do that.

Thank you for your recommandations.