draw rectangle on gui

Qbism

I want to add rectangle on screen. But I don't know how to draw rectangle. 

I make the following code.:

public static void IGuiOverlay BAR = ((gui, guiGraphics, partialTick, screenWidth, screenHeight) -> {

RenderSystem.setShader(GameRenderer::getPositionColorShader);

guiGraphics.fill(100,120,140,160,0xFFFFFF);

guiGraphics.drawString(Minecraft.getInstance().font, "test", 100, 140, 0xFFFFFF, true);

});

Then, String "test" is displayed on the screen. But a rectangle is not displayed.

Please give me your advice.

Don't post code snippets out of context in the forum.

Create a small build on github that reproduces your problem.

Guess (I should not have to guess):

guiGraphics.fill(100,120,140,160,0xFFFFFF);

I am not familiar with that method, but looking at the code it takes an ARGB value not an RGB

So I guess your alpha value is zero and the blending/transparency means nothing is displayed?

See for example, Gui.drawBackdrop() or displayScoreboardSidebar() which also has code to take into account the user's choice of background opacity.

• Thanks 1

Boilerplate:

If you don't post your logs/debug.log we can't help you. For curseforge you need to enable the forge debug.log in its minecraft settings. You should also post your crash report if you have one.

If there is no error in the log file and you don't have a crash report then post the launcher_log.txt from the minecraft folder. Again for curseforge this will be in your curseforge/minecraft/Install

Large files should be posted to a file sharing site like https://gist.github.com  You should also read the support forum sticky post.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused. I had been unaware of rule in the forum. Thank you for pointing this out.

I don't care opacity. 

"fill" is the method in net/minecraft/client/gui/GuiGraphics.java   

I refer from Screen - Forge Documentation (minecraftforge.net)

I make the following code. I am able to display the text to appear in a similar method to the problematic method. I don't know what these methods need respectively.

package com.QbismX.RectMod.main;

import com.mojang.blaze3d.systems.RenderSystem;
import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.GameRenderer;
import net.minecraftforge.client.event.RegisterGuiOverlaysEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.client.gui.overlay.IGuiOverlay;
import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;

@Mod(RectMod.MODID)
public class RectMod {

public static final String MODID = "rectmod";

public RectMod(){
    }

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = MODID, bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.MOD)
    public static class ClientModEvents {

@SubscribeEvent
        public static void registerGuiOverlays(RegisterGuiOverlaysEvent event) {
            event.registerAboveAll("bar", BAR);
        }

}

public static final IGuiOverlay BAR = ((gui, guiGraphics, partialTick, screenWidth, screenHeight) -> {

RenderSystem.setShader(GameRenderer::getPositionColorShader);

// Maybe this draw a rectangle on the screen.
        // First, second, third and fourth arguments may set a position.
        // Fifth argument may set color.
        guiGraphics.fill(100, 120, 140, 160, 0xFFFFFF);

// This draw text on the screen. The method have no problem.
        // Third and fourth arguments set a position.
        // Fifth argument sets text color.
        // Sixth argument sets shadow.
        guiGraphics.drawString(Minecraft.getInstance().font, "test", 100, 140, 0xFFFFFF, true);
    });

}

Please allow me to share the files debug.log, launcher_log.txt and RectMod.java with you at this link.

https://gist.github.com/QbismX/fc43dcbcca419336d89d8670ef52a101

Edited by Qbism

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements