Problem with big tree generation

dwinget2008

I am having trouble spotting where I need to make a change to the code of my big tree. I can get the tree to spawn as it should and even be the size that is should be. But for some random reason that I am haing trouble seeing I can't figure out why the branches are made of Soul Sand and not my custom log.

This is the WorldGenBigTwoRivers file: http://gw.minecraftforge.net/o7BW

And this is the TreeManager for the tree, though I am sure that the problem exists in the tree generator above: http://gw.minecraftforge.net/5zyx

Here is the main file: http://gw.minecraftforge.net/nDBV

Here is the MainInfo file just in case: http://gw.minecraftforge.net/k7PG

Here is the twoRiversLog file: http://gw.minecraftforge.net/j1Ql

Thank you for your help.

Not enough code presented.

Need main mod file, HeroCraftMain

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

*Math*

It would appear that the tree generator (like the landscape generator in vanilla) supports up to block ID 255.  Anything over that is truncated to that (600 % 255 = 88 -> soul sand).  Which is why you're seeing what you're seeing.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

By rewriting the world generator. :V

I actually have no idea, I only know of a couple of people who have succeeded.

I suggest getting a hold of either XCompWiz (who's done it for terrain) or Azanor (who's done trees, but I don't know the method).

XCW can be found on the #mystcraft channel at EsperNet or PMed at his forums, Azanor has been generally responsive to PMs, though not necessarily quickly.

Ok  interesting development, I can get the normal trees to generate find, as well as the Huge trees. But, I cannot get the Big trees to generate properly. The still give out soul sand as the branches, whereas the Huge trees use my custom log as the branched.

Any thoughts on that one?

I haven't messed with trees all that much :x

Very simple.

The line

this.placeBlockLine(aint, aint2, (byte)HeroCraftMain.twoRiversLog.blockID);

Is casting the blockID to a byte.  Remove the cast and it'll work fine.  The problem you are seeing is that that the blockID is greater than the maximum value of byte, and the value is being truncated.

EDIT: I recommend turning on warnings on unnecessary casts to help prevent similar issues in the future.  This can be done through the Eclipse settings for warnings and errors.

Very simple.

The line

Is casting the blockID to a byte.

Good catch, I didn't see that.

Very simple.

The line

Is casting the blockID to a byte.  Remove the cast and it'll work fine.  The problem you are seeing is that that the blockID is greater than the maximum value of byte, and the value is being truncated.

EDIT: I recommend turning on warnings on unnecessary casts to help prevent similar issues in the future.  This can be done through the Eclipse settings for warnings and errors.

Thanks for your help that worked.

Next question of the day, and this could just be eclipse being stupid, but MinecraftForge.Event_bus.regiester(new twoRivers_Bonemeal_Event()); doesn't seem to come up the way that is should.

Is this still the way that you register bonemeal events?

Ok, so on that last question I found out my stupid Issue. I wasn't putting the event  in the main load section. Again stupid mistake.

New question though. I can get all the trees (normal, big, and huge) to generate in the world. My problem is that I cam use bonemeal to get the normal and big, but something in my code doesn't seem to work the way jungle saplings work. I can't get the huge trees from bonmealing my saplings in the same way you should be able to with a jungle tree.

Here is the sapping code if you can help with it: http://paste.minecraftforge.net/view/01bf37e2

Here is the code for the huge tree: http://paste.minecraftforge.net/view/ff7b339c

Thanks for your help!