Building my 5 and 8 year old children their own java minecraft server and workstations

scsiraidguru

I setup an Ubuntu 22.04.3 Minecraft Server so they can play together and I can join them.   It has Minecraft 1.20.4 installed.  

Their workstations are Ubuntu 22.04.3.   I bought they Microsoft Xbox One controllers and USB dongles.   I am trying to get Forge and Controllables working.

I installed all the prerequisites for every component.  

Ubuntu 22.04.3 
Kernel 6.2.0.39
Minecraft 1.20.4
Forge 1.20.4.49.0.10
Framework 1.20.1.0.6.16
Controllables 1.20.1.0.20.3

I get Error 1 when launching the Forge profile in Minecraft.   I know the server and workstations work together.   They were playing on them before I purchased the controllers.   They are used to playing Minecraft on my Xbox 360.   I am still looking for the logs to check the errors.  I was wondering if I need to match the Java components like I do on most apps I have installed.   Where are the logs for these components?   I don't mind doing a clean install.  I was going to script it to make it faster to reinstall.   

Thank you for your help.

Michael

controllable-1.16.3-0.8.3

forge-1.20.4-49.0.11
According to your logs you're installing Forge 1.20.4 while also trying to install a mod for 1.16.3. This wont work. MC mods are highly version specific. So you have to match the MC version across all of your mods.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

I installed Java Minecraft following the instructions
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-minecraft-on-ubuntu-20-04-focal-fossa-linux

sudo wget -O ~/Minecraft.deb https://launcher.mojang.com/download/Minecraft.deb
sudo apt install gdebi-core
sudo gdebi ~/Minecraft.deb

Both of the computers are playing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Java MineCraft 1.20.4 with keyboard controls.   I have reinstalled one workstation 6x.   What is a good site to get Xbox One controller to work with Java Minecraft. 

I upgraded the minecraft server on my network to 1.20.4.   The two workstations are connected to it in keyboard control mode.  

Edited by scsiraidguru

Erm hello, Xbox controller has nothing to do with the forge or Minecraft, so no need to worry about that, you can only use the bluetooth controllers xbox 1 (the newer versions), i assume your using linux as the computer playing on? If so this should be able to pair in the bluetooth 

Edited by IDoTheHax