How would I make it so when you right click a sword shoots lightning

ClarmonkGaming

How would I make it so when you right click a sword shoots lightning  what i mean by this is how would i make a sword shoot lightning straight ahead of the player. if someone would not mind showing me the code that would be great.

Sincerely,

ClarmonkGaming

You would need a new entity to handle the lightning.  The native lightning entity arcs down from the sky.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

What if I wanted it to make it shoot a fireball like a fire charge how would i do that.  p.s thank you for helping me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

ClarmonkGaming

Open EntityGhast and copy-paste.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Yeah, Draco is right, EntityGhast is a great example of a fireball, and for that matter, how the fireball  is "fired". Lightning is a little bit harder. You could use create your own custom tile entity based on the EntityLightningBolt class, and creating the tile entity much like a ghast fireball is, except with onItemRightClick() firing the bolt at the targeted entity.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

You could use create your own custom tile entity based on the EntityLightningBolt class, and creating the tile entity much like a ghast fireball is, except with onItemRightClick() firing the bolt at the targeted entity.

Regular entity, not tile entity.

this is the only part of the code i found with a reference to fireball

public boolean attackEntityFrom(DamageSource par1DamageSource, float par2)

{

if (this.isEntityInvulnerable())

{

return false;

}

else if ("fireball".equals(par1DamageSource.getDamageType()) && par1DamageSource.getEntity() instanceof EntityPlayer)

{

super.attackEntityFrom(par1DamageSource, 1000.0F);

((EntityPlayer)par1DamageSource.getEntity()).triggerAchievement(AchievementList.ghast);

return true;

}

else

{

return super.attackEntityFrom(par1DamageSource, par2);

}

}

but how would i make the fireball shoot out of the  sword thanks you for helping me

Sincerley

ClarmonkGaming

So you missed this section, line 155

if (this.attackCounter == 20)
                {
                    this.worldObj.playAuxSFXAtEntity((EntityPlayer)null, 1008, (int)this.posX, (int)this.posY, (int)this.posZ, 0);
                    EntityLargeFireball entitylargefireball = new EntityLargeFireball(this.worldObj, this, d5, d6, d7);
                    entitylargefireball.field_92057_e = this.explosionStrength;
                    double d8 = 4.0D;
                    Vec3 vec3 = this.getLook(1.0F);
                    entitylargefireball.posX = this.posX + vec3.xCoord * d8;
                    entitylargefireball.posY = this.posY + (double)(this.height / 2.0F) + 0.5D;
                    entitylargefireball.posZ = this.posZ + vec3.zCoord * d8;
                    this.worldObj.spawnEntityInWorld(entitylargefireball);
                    this.attackCounter = -40;
                }

Nice searching there, chummer.

so i would do

onItemRightClick() this.worldObj.playAuxSFXAtEntity((EntityPlayer)null, 1008, (int)this.posX, (int)this.posY, (int)this.posZ, 0);

EntityLargeFireball entitylargefireball = new EntityLargeFireball(this.worldObj, this, d5, d6, d7);

entitylargefireball.field_92057_e = this.explosionStrength;

double d8 = 4.0D;

Vec3 vec3 = this.getLook(1.0F);

entitylargefireball.posX = this.posX + vec3.xCoord * d8;

entitylargefireball.posY = this.posY + (double)(this.height / 2.0F) + 0.5D;

entitylargefireball.posZ = this.posZ + vec3.zCoord * d8;

this.worldObj.spawnEntityInWorld(entitylargefireball);

this.attackCounter = -40;