Help with random skins

Eragonn1490

Easy.  Store the skin it should have in the NBT.  Ask the mob what it's skin is during rendering.  It should reply based on what's stored in its NBT.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

No.

Most I ever did was a TileEntity that changed texture when it dealt damage to someone, but I made it a client-sided only effect (if you saved and quit, then reloaded, the default texture was back) as it was purely cosmetic.  If left alone for long enough it would revert anyway (it was blood splatter, so after 5 minutes it would change back to normal).

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Like this random colored skin?

width=256 height=146http://cdn2.planetminecraft.com/files/resource_media/preview/MyBatman_minecraft_skin-4514342.jpg[/img]

or do you want to have a collection of different textures...

Than you would have to write a randomizer which would choose a Texture index when the Entity first spawns, store that value in an nbt tag and pass it to the renderer which would get a specific texture based on the texture name and the value....

this.bindTexture(new ResourceLocation("modname:textures/models/TextureName"+entity.value+".png"));

If you want the colors to be completely random or create randomized texture patterns you will have to write your own texture creation and registering system and also manage to get these send from the server to the individual players.

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

Like this random colored skin?

width=256 height=146http://cdn2.planetminecraft.com/files/resource_media/preview/MyBatman_minecraft_skin-4514342.jpg[/img]

or do you want to have a collection of different textures...

Than you would have to write a randomizer which would choose a Texture index when the Entity first spawns, store that value in an nbt tag and pass it to the renderer which would get a specific texture based on the texture name and the value....

this.bindTexture(new ResourceLocation("modname:textures/models/TextureName"+entity.value+".png"));

If you want the colors to be completely random or create randomized texture patterns you will have to write your own texture creation and registering system and also manage to get these send from the server to the individual players.

the one where i have lets say 8 textures for one mob, is what im aiming for ill try it out

• 2 weeks later...