(1.20.2) Need help implementing a certain feature

tinydevMC

Hello there!

I am fairly new to minecraft modding, so I am unsure of the tools and libraries available to me. I've been using guides by KaupenJoe on YT to get my bearings in regards to minecraft modding. I have been working on my first of many mods, which I am calling Cookietastrope! As the name entails, it adds a bunch of new cookies (i came up with 50) and some other stuff too. 

Some of the cookies have unique effects. One of the cookies is the Slime Cookie. When the user eats it, they get fall damage immunity and they also "bounce" upon landing from a great height (like the slime boots from Tinkers' Construct).

However, due to my previously mentioned lack of knowledge in Minecraft Modding, this has proven to be quite a challenge. While I have figured out everything else so far (mostly thanks to my previous java experience), I am still struggling to understand how custom potion effect implementation works. Because of this, the Slime Cookie isn't behaving how I intended it to. It gives the new effect, Bouncy, when it is consumed by the player. But, the potion method that is supposed to be called by the game every tick isnt being called for some odd reason. 

I need the help of the various MC Modding gurus on this platform to help me understand what I am doing wrong. That way, I can more effectively make the rest of the cookies with custom effects on my own!

Here is the link to the GitHub repository for this project. Feel free to poke around and help figure out what my problem is. I look forward to hearing from y'all! Thanks in advance for the help.

https://github.com/tinyfaceGH/Cookietastrophe