[SOLVED] - [1.20.1] Render Custom Trident Item 3D in hand and 2D in inventory

Starexify

I am trying to render the Trident Item I made just like the Minecraft approach with 3D in hand, 2D inventory. How is it done?

I need to make a custom BEWLR (BlockEntityWithoutLevelRenderer)? Or custom ItemRenderer? Or both? (I made both and I have no idea how to register them) and I looked through the minecraft code and didn't find something useful.

So if anyone has any idea I would appreciate any help.

TestTrident (The Trident Item)

TestTridentBEWLR

ModItemRenderer

[If any other part of the code needed, ask in comments!]

Edit: I solved it! If you want code. Ask in comments

Edited by Starexify

Thanks, but now I have the 3d model in hand (and in inventory bcz I won't need that anymore) but now when I try to throw it, it doesnt rotate and its just the end of the trident not the head part.

Edit: I removed the 3d custom model. I use the original minecraft files. Json and etc. In minecraft the rendering is made in code. I sent the code in the first message. I have mostly the code. But I don't know how to register the renderers like minecraft do. For example, in minecraft there are 2 jsons: trident_in_hand and trident_throwing , I have both of them. They don't render while I have the item in hand. That's the main problem. I checked the code but I still can't figure out how to register and render the entity basically, in hand

Edited by Starexify

• Starexify changed the title to [SOLVED] - [1.20.1] Render Custom Trident Item 3D in hand and 2D in inventory