[1.6.4] Rendering model from texture

Bantasaurusrex

He is right, in order to help you we need to know what you are trying to achieve. The only thing I can think of that renders the way you are talking about would be a buildcraft tank. (The way it holds the different liquids you put in it.) Otherwise, I've got no clue what you are talking about. ;)

You know how the pipes are rendered there is no model or anything it is just a texture.

Actually there is a model.  It might not be something that extends ModelBase, but there are still polygons there.

It's called "using the tessellator" and it's a huge pain in the ass.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

ohhh ok thanks, that seems a hard way to do it, considering how tessellators work, they're hard for 2D things in my opinion, forgetting about using them for 3D effects.

Buildcraft might use a 3D cube and a transparent texture, I wouldn't know.  The ModelBase class is just a more user-friendly way of doing stuff.  The guts of it still use the tessellator, but it does the math for you.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Its worth doing a tessellator renderer for a 3D block once, just for the challenge.  I did (made a rail block that is self-supporting, so I was rendering trusses underneath).  I'd avoid doing it again if at all possible, but knowing how the tessellator works will help you if you ever run into code that uses it.