ore dictionary enchancement

harvald

I have idea to make new function to ore dictionary. Mods can use ore generated by other mods, but there are problems on game play level. For example if two mods use iron but only one is generating it then possible situation is than gold is more common than iron ( in aspect of supply and demand). There should be a way to forge collect information about demand for each ore and present summary info to mod which generate ore. If there is few mods generating the same ore then split demand between them. Splitting is necessary because not every mod generate ores in different dimensions.

It is up to the end user to decide exactly how they want to deal with ore generation. What if a end user doesnt WANT the supply to go up with the demand? And again, which ores do we generatae, how much, and where.

Short answer No, because we don't deal with that level of gameplay stuff.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

OMG. End user cannot decide, because mods don't have ability to check how many of other mods need ore, how much of it is generated and by whom. User should decide if he want cooperation in ore generation or not. If yes, then mods negotiates amount of ores between themselves via ore dictionary.

No, if the end user doesn't want certian mods to generate ores, they disable that generation in the mod's config.

This topic has been discussed many times before with people far more coherent then you. This will not happen. It causes to much fighting and drama in the modding area.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon