Forge Download for Not Using an IDE

ean521

I honestly dislike IDEs. I have tried them and prefer the command prompt. I tried downloading the Forge "source", but it had all this stuff for Eclipse or this other IDE. Which download do I use to just have the API that I can use.

You really find command prompt easier than making use of the IDE's debugging, auto-completion and search capabilities? Sure for small projects, but I find that hard to believe when you have 100,000+ lines of code to deal with...

You still have all the gradle stuff you can use from the command line (I think it has a separate target to recompile and to reobsucate giving you a deobsucated set of class files to test with if you really want to go the command line debugging route).

Don't be an ass ean, you use the gradle just like anyhting else, the IDE sides are optional.

Just edit the java code and run build it'll compile the code for you and zip it up. Then you can test in the real game.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon