1.6.4 Installer is NOT an installer

HotTamales

forge-1.6.4-9.11.1.965-installer.jar

I am having a problem with the (recommended) installer for 1.6.4 (the mod i am trying to install strictly says to use THAT version). Every time i try to [use] it, it opens as an archive, NOT an installer. It really irritates me how this never works and there exists no tutorials on how to manually install it. The archive even has all the files necessary for installation, but again, no tutorials. I understand i could open it with java SE binary but i cant find it.

Here's what i did:

I downloaded the version above, dragged it straight to my desktop, and it automatically goes into archive mode. Open it, and there's the files.

No idea how to fix this. Halp.

You have seriously fucked up your system's path variables.

Seriously dude...

There is JarFixer in the EAQs else you have to find where you ahve your jre installed and use the full path for java instead of just 'java'

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon