Block Texture Not Appearing

Dylan6466

Hey guys,

My block texture won't appear in game.

This is my line of code:

blockCopper = new CopperOre(2000, Material.rock).setBlockName("blockCopper").setCreativeTab(resourceoverloadTab).setBlockTextureName(modid + ":" + "copperore");

If there is anything else you might need a look at, just tell me.

Hey guys,

This is my line of code:

blockCopper = new CopperOre(2000, Material.rock).setBlockName("blockCopper").setCreativeTab(resourceoverloadTab).setBlockTextureName(modid + ":" + "copperore");

So, what version of Minecraft is this? Since you have a block ID, I know it aint 1.7.2

Hey guys,

This is my line of code:

So, what version of Minecraft is this? Since you have a block ID, I know it aint 1.7.2

That must be my problem...It is meant to be 1.7.2

Then it looks like you are using some old 1.6.x code and expecting it to work. It won't work on 1.7.x if you don't get rid of Block and Item IDs that have no further purpose. Blocks and Items are registered as their instances now. The ID is auto-assigned and calling a constructor like Block(ID,...) should not even compile.

And you'll need to go through all of that 1.6.x code looking for any reference to a Block or Item id (and things like Block.stone etc.) and change them to the 1.7.x way.