setupDecompWorkspace OutofMemory problem transforms into problem with generic

Raolin Darkbane

So I tried setting up Forge 1.7.2 but when I ran the setupDecompWorkspace, I got the outOfMemory-Error because of heapspace. To fix this, I changed line 75 of gradlew.bat to this:

"%JAVA_EXE%" -Xmx512m %DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS% %JAVA_OPTS% %GRADLE_OPTS% "-Dorg.gradle.appname=%APP_BASE_NAME%" -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" org.gradle.wrapper.GradleWrapperMain %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

after that I didn't get out of memory errors anymore, but now I'm stuck with this error:

Powered By MCP:

http://mcp.ocean-labs.de/

Searge, ProfMobius, Fesh0r,

R4wk, ZeuX, IngisKahn

MCP Data version : unknown

:extractUserDev

:getAssetsIndex

:getAssets

:copyAssets

:extractNatives

:genSrgs UP-TO-DATE

:downloadMcpTools UP-TO-DATE

:downloadClient SKIPPED

:downloadServer SKIPPED

:mergeJars SKIPPED

:deobfuscateJar UP-TO-DATE

:decompile SKIPPED

:doFmlPatches SKIPPED

:addFmlSources SKIPPED

:remapJar SKIPPED

:doForgePatches SKIPPED

:addForgeJavadoc SKIPPED

:extractForgeSrc

:recompForge

C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Minecraft Forge\build\tmp\recompSrc\cpw\mods\fml\common\O

bfuscationReflectionHelper.java:35: type parameters of <T>T cannot be determined

; no unique maximal instance exists for type variable T with upper bounds T,java

.lang.Object

return ReflectionHelper.getPrivateValue(classToAccess, instance, fie

ldIndex);

^

C:\Users\Simon\Desktop\Minecraft Forge\build\tmp\recompSrc\cpw\mods\fml\common\O

bfuscationReflectionHelper.java:60: type parameters of <T>T cannot be determined

; no unique maximal instance exists for type variable T with upper bounds T,java

.lang.Object

return ReflectionHelper.getPrivateValue(classToAccess, instance, rem

apFieldNames(classToAccess.getName(),fieldNames));

^

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

2 errors

:recompForge FAILED

I've tried updating Java as well as using different 1.7.2 builds of Forge. When I cut the change in the gradlew.bat I get the outOfMemory Error instead. I'm kind of at a loss right now.

Yeah, as a short term fix I went to java 8, even though for comforts sake I want to mod with java 6. I'll find a working version of Java 6 if I have more time on hand.

It works with java 8 btw.

On another note, why don't you have the 512 mb RAM allocation (or however much is needed) done for everyone? I kind of know what I'm doing, so I could easily fix it, but for quite some people just adding the line I did to gradlew.bat would help I think.