forge 10.12.1.1082 strange lag and eventual crash and client disconnect

wiesshund

Ok to start off, i did create a totally new fresh server to make sure this was not a misbehaving mod.

Only 1.7.2 vanilla server, and forge

Also i tried this with forge 1065 through 1082 and get the same results.

The server itself is a local only machine on a 100mbit switch with static IP address

no router or anything.

Yes, it was given internet access initially to download libraries and such

Server has 1gb of ram set aside for server, server running on its own CPU

Server only hosts, at most 3 local clients

Same server running MC 1.6.4 and forge 1.6.4 9.11.1.965 and 17 mods has 0 issues

Clients have been freshly set up to match server exactly, even the config files were copied from server to clients so as to be 100% the same

First i will describe what happens.

Server starts up without issue

Client 1 joins, all is well

client 1 could play on the server for hours, no issues

client 1 can go to any chunk in the world, no issues.

Enter client 2

If client 1 and client 2 stay in the same initial spawn area, they can play around for a long time with no issues, but eventually after a long time the server will begin lagging

The lag appears to be in the talking BACK to the clients, even chat lags

you can see clients talk in the server console immediately, but the clients do not see it sometimes for a minute of more.

This lag of course affects any other interactions with the world.

Now to make this happen a lot faster, simply have one of the clients start walking into other chunks

It seems like the more chunks they move away from the initial the faster it gets bad

If you /tp one of the clients to a far off chunk, it becomes instantly lagged

if you keep the clients logged in eventually the server screen will begin spewing the same error message just mass scrolling the screen with it

And eventually the server will become browse-able but not connectable.

If you kill one of the clients and send them back to the initial chuck, that player no longer has lag, but the other client does, if other client outside spawn area remains in world, it will eventually kill the server.

Now i want to note....

As a control test, i took a freshly loaded client, added ONLY forge

had client create a world, join it and open it to LAN

had 1 also fresh loaded client join.

All was perfect.

Had 2 clients join, got same results as server.

It seems 2 or more network connections to the host/server is what causes or triggers this

Adding mods only made the eventual happen a little faster

Running pure vanilla with out forge, the issue never happens.

java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

is an error that appears the moment lag sets in, in the server console, not on the clients

Also this error spews a lot too

Exception in server tick loop java.lang.NullPointerException:

obviously the errors are longer than just that

I am setting up the server and clients again from scratch to get fresh clean logs to post here

But if anyone sees this and it's something obvious, advice would be greatly appreciated

I will be back in a bit with new logs

I dont see that NPE in your logs anywhere, and the IOE is rather vague.

Can you point out the NPE itself. The IO seems like it's just a connection timeout.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

can you tell me in dummy terms

NPE and IO (input/output?)

connection might be a time out but it can be induced at will by simply adding a 2nd client to the server, and sped up by moving out of those clients out of the initial spawn area.

and again, I can induce this is totally vanilla MC just by adding forge

cant figure it out

Is very weird, seems to be one sided

If i say BOO, the server console sees it immediately, i of course see it in a rapidly increasing longer latency

If i take a tnt and kill myself, server reports i died right then and there in console, on client it comes as a surprise much later

Interesintg ya that would seem to be that your incoming queue is being eaten by something.

Try posting the client log.

Also you may wanna look into jprofiler and see if you can pull out a snaposhot of the run so we can see whats eating what, as this shouldnt happen with JUST forge.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon