[1.7.2][coremod] SRG names and deobfuscation

target.san

Hello!

I'm curious why FML's remapper translates obfuscated names to SRG names (field_NNNNN_l) and not to sensible names available in MCP/Forge during development. This leads to 2 sets of method/field names, one for development and one for packed mod.

So I'd like to ask:

1. Is this some kind of Minecraft/MCP license limitation? Because having that direct remapping should be pretty straightforward.

2. If it's not a licensing limitation, then I have only two options in mind:

a. There are naming clashes for SRG names in certain cases.

b. There's another remapper I couldn't locate which does the trick.

I suspect this question was answered somewhere before. Unfortunately, my google-fu wasn't enough to locate answer. Would be grateful for a link.

Thanks

Why are you making a coremod?

Also, as dies mentioned we target srg names as they are a stable target, where Notch names {obfed} and MCP names {community 'readable' names} are volatile and change often.

• Confused 1

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Why are you making a coremod?

I need to patch Flint'n'Steel's onItemUse bytecode - add some pre-use call which would initiate multiblock's construction.

I'm making a bit better version of normal portals and would prefer to add as little newly craftable blocks/items as possible.

-.- People, listen, Core modding should ALWAYS be a LAST resort.

99.9999999999999% of the time, Forge exposes exactly what you need to do what you want.

Quit trying to hack/break the system when you have no idea what is going on.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon