Records???

daafganggdg

hey guys,

I'm trying to make an own record, so I made a new class, extended it from ItemRecord and overrode the getRecordResource() with 

public ResourceLocation getRecordResource(String name)

{

return new ResourceLocation("MyMod:" + name);

}

but now im stuck with where i actually have to put the wait.ogg (which I'm using for testing) tried it with assets.mymod.records and 2000 other pathes but nothing is working. The error I get is:

Unable to play unknown soundEvent: mymod:records.wait

So, can anyone tell me where i have to put the .ogg file? or is it actually the .ogg file, I read a lot wierd stuff about these .json files, dunno what they actually do..

I asked the same question on another thread but it seems nobody was really watching it anymore.. so sorry for posting it again, but these pathes are really confusing..

eclipse/assets/records/wait

eclipse/assets/sounds/records/wait

And in the Roaming folder it's:

Roaming\.minecraft\assets\virthttp://minecraftforge.net/forum/Smileys/default/shocked.gifual\legacy\records

I thought I have to make a package in src/main/resources... Is that right?

So, how do I call it then?

assets/mymod/records/wait

assets/mymod/sounds/records/wait

I might seem to be dumb, but I can't get it working  :'(

Well, to my knowledge, with resource locations, "modid:name.ogg" would be in the path assets/modid/name.ogg

Like I said, that is too my knowledge. (i don't think you are wanting a resourcelocation, but then again, I could be wrong * points at signature * )

We all stuff up sometimes... But I seem to be at the bottom of that pot.

Well, to my knowledge, with resource locations, "modid:name.ogg" would be in the path assets/modid/name.ogg

public ResourceLocation getRecordResource(String name)
    {
       return new ResourceLocation("MyMod:wait");
    }

K, i changed it to that, so the folder should now be assets/mymod/wait.ogg but it's still not working

In resource locations you need to put the extension too.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

• 9 months later...

This thread is a year old. No 2 problems are alike, so make a new thread.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/