mod has no effect

minecraft version: 1.1.10

forge: 10.13.0.1170

other thing installed: SEUS shader

forge profile is not at appdata/.minecraft, redirect the path onto another disk.

I am a newb to minecraft, joined several days ago. So I tried using forge to enjoy some awesome mods. Installation of forge didn't get any problems.

I put mod file in the mods folder(not .minecraft folder, redirect onto another disk), check mod option on the menu, and see the mod is on the list. however, everytime I create a new world in the single player, it just likes the original minecraft, not the mod.

What was wrong?

Forge does not add any game player changes, you will see just vanilla minecraft when you use just it, as for you shader mod, make sure you've installed it correctly, beyond that, ALWAYS post logs.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Forge does not add any game player changes, you will see just vanilla minecraft when you use just it, as for you shader mod, make sure you've installed it correctly, beyond that, ALWAYS post logs.

thanks for the reply.

shader works fine, looks really beautiful after using shader.

But for other topic mod, e.g. the lord of ring mod, in their youtube video, they got a duplicated middle earth world with npc and a lot of other things. Every instruction is download mod => put it in mods folder => play... I tried single player by creating a new world, but the created new world just like the original minecraft. What other steps did I miss? (new to minecraft, within one week...)

You would have to go to the forum for that specifc mod and ask them. We did not make it, we don't know what it is, you'll have to find the person who did.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon