[Forge 1.7.2] Custom crafting table help

BlazeAxtrius

So I made a custom crafting table for 1.6.4 when it came out. Now i am trying to update my mod for 1.7.2 but the crafting table doesnt seem to work. I put the recipe in it and it doesnt give me a result.

I have looked at a tutorial about crafting table 1.7.2 and I made everything the tutorial said. I hope I didnt miss anything but I watched this -

Here is my github - https://github.com/BlazeAxtrius/ExpandedRailsMod

Please help.

Your code is a mess. Nothing else. Did you seriously create a separate class file & block ID for every type or rail? SERIOUSLY? Clean up this stuff, then we can talk.

I dont know how to clean it up and even if i did I already made it this way. I prefer it this way. I is 1 million times easier for me. I know where everything is and it is easy to find. What is so messy about it? Please enlighten me.

Thanks a lot for the help. I still have 0 idea what I have to do. Guess I have to asking people for help cause it seems no one gives a damn about other people.

Because ,you know, saying in simple words is too mainstream. Lets make it difficult for the person that obviously doesnt know what to do.

We are currently not trying to help you with the issue you describe. We are trying to get the code you provided in a readable form.

I see that but the way you are trying to do it is ... weird. I need explanation how to make it more readable. From my eyes it is good but obviously it isn't.

It is of course readable, but it's just a huge mess. All these classes look the same, and they are. You should probably just have one rail class that takes a parameter in it's constructor, defining the type.

I am trying to make 1 class that has all the code for the texture and just make all rails from the ERMBase class be linked with it.

I have a problem tho because all rails dont have textures when they are turned. Now however when I made this new class it worked. 1 of the rails has all the textures the ArmedRail. So why is that when the code is exactly the same as before?

Also I am not sure if that is what you meant but I dont think I will be able to do it on my own.

Why are you still using IDs? Remove ALL the ID related stuff, Item & Block IDs are assigned automatically.

If you mean the "public static int ...ID;" and "...RailID = cofig.get..." if i remove any of them or try to change them well then the game doesnt run.

I get this "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal object for naming null"

Ah nvm I did something worng that is why it didnt work.

P.S: I changed it. I guess that is what you meant.