[1.6.4] Cauldron not working in Crafting Recipe?

TheMoleTractor

Hello,

I am trying to make a crafting recipe with an empty cauldron in the bottom middle of the recipe but (and I confirmed this) cauldrons don't work (as I have used it) in crafting.

GameRegistry.addShapedRecipe(new ItemStack(Base.blockLifeBasin), new Object[]{
		"XWX",
		"ZYZ",
		"XVX",
		'X', new ItemStack(Item.bone), 'Y', new ItemStack(Block.glass), 'Z', new ItemStack(Block.slowSand),
		'V', new ItemStack(Block.cauldron), 'W', new ItemStack(Block.daylightSensor)});

Is there a metadata involved? Any ideas?

Thanks!

You can try:

"XWX",
		"ZYZ",
		"XVX",
		'X', new ItemStack(Item.bone), 'Y', new ItemStack(Block.glass), 'Z', new ItemStack(Block.slowSand),
		'V', Block.cauldron, 'W', new ItemStack(Block.daylightSensor)});

Sorry the Idea with the unlocalized name was my mistake. I didn't noticed that you are using 1.6.4

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

I searched a bit through Minecrafts code and when you craft a cauldron it actually creates an ItemBlock and not a Block-Item ??? ... That would mean that you could try Item.cauldron instead Block.cauldron. Or you could use the ID of the Cauldron block and create an Itemstack off that ID. Which would be 118 or 380. You just have to replace "Block.cauldron" in your original recipe by one of those ID's.

PM's regarding modding questions should belong in the Modder Support sub-forum and won't be answered.

"XWX",
		"ZYZ",
		"XVX",
		'V', new ItemStack(118 or 380), 'W', new ItemStack(Block.daylightSensor)});

First of all: Update to 1.7. Support for 1.6 was dropped a while ago.

Secondly: Don't use Block/Item-IDs, ever. Always use the instance of the Block/Item itself

As Busti points out correctly: you need to use the "item-cauldron", not the "block-cauldron". Same goes for beds, reed etc.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.