How to add new stairs to minecraft.

tminor1

Hey so I am now working on a mod that adds some new blocks to minecraft, and I figured out how to make normal blocks and slabs but I cant get stairs working. It seems that to add stairs it is a little different than adding other blocks and I need some help with it.

No. You see the way I have been adding my other blocks is first in my classicBlocks.java I add Public static Block blockname

so for the stairs I do Public static Block blockClassicStairs then I go under the preInit event and add blockClassicBrickStairs = new ClassicBrickStairs(Material.rock).setBlockName("classicBrickStairs") and then I register the block GameRegistry.registerBlock(blockClassicBrickStairs, "classicBrickStairs"). Then I must make the ClassicBrickStaris.java and it wants me to make it like this.

package net.classicBlocks.mod;

import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.Side;

import cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.SideOnly;

import net.minecraft.block.Block;

import net.minecraft.block.BlockStairs;

import net.minecraft.client.renderer.texture.IIconRegister;

import net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs;

public class ClassicBrickStairs extends BlockStairs {

public ClassicBrickStairs(Block p_i45428_1_, int p_i45428_2_) {

super(p_i45428_1_, p_i45428_2_);

this.setHardness(2.0F);

this.setResistance(10.0F);

this.setStepSound(soundTypePiston);

this.setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabBlock);

}

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)

public void registerBlockIcons(IIconRegister iconRegister){

this.blockIcon = iconRegister.registerIcon(classicBlock.modid + ":" + this.getUnlocalizedName().substring(5));

}

}

However then in the classicBlocks.java it gives me an error with  blockClassicBrickStairs = new ClassicBrickStairs(Material.rock).setBlockName("classicBrickStairs"). The error is with ClassicBrickStairs(Material.rock) and I don't know how to fix it. I have tried to add Material material to  public ClassicBrickStairs(Block p_i45428_1_, int p_i45428_2_) but that does nothing because I also have to add material to super(p_i45428_1_, p_i45428_2_) which it will not let me do. And none of the quick fixes will help me.

All I can tell you is the same thing I did with my custom door!

N steps!

1: copy the whole BlockStairClass.

2: deobfuscate it as much as you can if it's not already deobfuscated

3: do one and 2 for all classes it needs to function properly ( for me it was ItemDoor)

4: repeat 1 and 2 for those classes (if any)

5: remove unnecessary things

6: profit???

The solution to your problem is so incredibly simple. It's seriously part of basic Java knowledge.

ClassicBrickStairs does not have a constructor that takes a Material. It takes a Block and an int.

The Block it takes in is the "material" it is made of, so if I wanted to make grass stairs I would put a grass block in there.

Thank you I am new to all this, and the videos I am using to help me did not show how to add stairs. One more thing though. How do I fix the lighting bug. I found on someone else's topic to add this in my stairs class this.useNeighborBrightness[id] = true; but it is telling me The type of expression must be an array type but it resolved to a boolean.