Send a chat message as the player

onlyhtml

I'm looking for a way to send a chat message as the player would when he presses "t". I'm not looking to send a message to the player, I'm looking to send a message AS the player. Please don't suggest player.sendChatToPlayer or player.addChatMessage. Does anybody know how to do this? Thanks!

If you are trying to tell ALL the people on the server (like a fake chat message), cycle through all the players and have a translatable message that takes the player's username/display name as a parameter. That would be a way of doing it.

-Mitchellbrine

Minecraft can do ANYTHING, it's coded in Java and you got the full power of Java behind you when you code. So nothing is impossible.

It may be freaking fucking hard though, but still possible ;)

If you create a topic on Modder Support, live by this motto:

I don't want your charity, I want your information

You should've mentioned that first. That wasn't really clear.

- - -

You should create a bot for IRC and have it relay messages. This is sort of the concept of EiraIRC (which is open-source if you need help with your code).

-Mitchellbrine

Minecraft can do ANYTHING, it's coded in Java and you got the full power of Java behind you when you code. So nothing is impossible.

Sokaya, no. He is talking about sending a message as the player to an IRC channel, not to the server. Yes, that would work if we were sending a message as the player to the server, but not if we were trying to relay a chat message to IRC.

-Mitchellbrine