[1.7.10][Unsolved] Sound playing twice

ExoMaster

I'm trying to make a block that, when it gets a redstone signal, it makes the creeper sound to the nearest player. This works, but when the redstone wire that is powering it is getting its power from through a block, the block plays the sound upon receiving the redstone signal, but plays it again and much louder upon losing the signal. Here is the block code that makes the sound:

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
@Override
public void onNeighborBlockChange(World world, int x,int y, int z, Block block) {
	if (!world.isRemote && world.isBlockIndirectlyGettingPowered(x, y, z)) {
		world.playSoundAtEntity(world.getClosestPlayer(x, y, z, 20), "creeper.primed", 1.0F, 0.5F);
		return;
	} else {
		return;
	}
}

Originally I only had !world.isRemote, but when I found the bug I added the @SideOnly annotation. And I'll check those vanilla blocks in a moment, but I thought they used onNeighborBlockChange as well.

EDIT:

I looked at BlockPistonBase and BlockNote, but I noticed something in BlockNote. There's something tracking the previous redstone state of the block. I wonder if this was because Mojang had a similar issue when making Note Blocks? I'm gonna try that.