[1.7.10][SOLVED] Having an item with metadata as icon for a CreativeTab

ThePsionic

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to make an item with metadata as icon for a CreativeTab. In 1.6 this was fairly easy, as ItemStacks were used then to display the items. In 1.7 you need to return an Item though, which doesn't allow this. Is there any way of doing this?

(If you need code it can be found here: https://github.com/ThePsionic/MRCS-Core/)

Hi

Perhaps the easiest way is to create your own Item with the specific texture you want?  Use it for the CreativeTab's icon and nothing else?

-TGG

Hmm, the thing is I have 6 creative tabs and I was actually planning on having a useless item with metadata so that I can just have 1 ID being used for nothing instead of 6 :/

Maybe other people have other ideas, but until then I guess I'll have to work with that.

Either override getIconItemStack and return your own ItemStack, or override getTabIconItem for the Item and func_151243_f for the metadata of the item.

Both are identical, as only getIconItemStack gets called GuiContainerCreative, and the default 'implementation' of getIconItemStack returns a new ItemStack of getTabIconItem, stackSize of one and metadata of func_151243_f.

BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP READ THE EAQ!

I'll help if I can. Apologies if I do something obviously stupid. :D

If you don't know basic Java yet, go and follow these tutorials.

Either override getIconItemStack and return your own ItemStack, or override getTabIconItem for the Item and func_151243_f for the metadata of the item.

Both are identical, as only getIconItemStack gets called GuiContainerCreative, and the default 'implementation' of getIconItemStack returns a new ItemStack of getTabIconItem, stackSize of one and metadata of func_151243_f.

This worked beautifully. Thanks a lot! :D