[Sovled] [1.7.10] Strobe Light Effect

GravityBurger

I'm trying to make a strobe light block that changes the block (like a furnace).

I need it to start flashing when you shift-right click

The first change works, but it doesn't continue.

public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int x, int y, int z, EntityPlayer par5EntityPlayer, int par6, float par7, float par8, float par9){

if (!world.isRemote){

while(world.getBlock(x,y,z) == StrobeLights.StrobeLightBlue || world.getBlock(x,y,z) == StrobeLights.StrobeLightBlueOn){

if(world.getBlock(x, y, z) == StrobeLights.StrobeLightBlue){

world.setBlock(x,y,z, StrobeLights.StrobeLightBlueOn);

}else if(world.getBlock(x, y, z) == StrobeLights.StrobeLightBlueOn){
			world.setBlock(x, y, z, StrobeLights.StrobeLightBlue);

return true;
}
return false;
}
return false;
}
return false;

Any suggestions?

So congradulations on writing an infinite loop.

This is basic programming and you have failed it.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Why don't you use a tileentity and use the metadata to change the appearance of the block?

Also, a tileentity allows you to modify the block data in the onUpdate(or something similar) method which gets called regularly on the entity.

If you need to fix the code you got you'd probably want a return statement where you turn the block into the "on state", the way you have it now it just turns into the block into the off state immediately after it has turned it into the On state.

--Remember to "Thank you" posts that actually helped you, and if a person seems nice, why not give them an applaud while you're at it--

Don't even need a tile entity.

world.scheduleBlockUpdate(x,y,z,this,1) in the block's update function will suffice.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.