Mod crashes when I try to place a custom fire block

WolfAmaril

Check the logs.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Check the logs.

Gee, I'm so new to Minecraft that I didn't check the logs when something didn't work.

</sarcasm>

I did, it says it can't find a file that I'm looking at.

here's the .jar for the mod and the log

Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3ex20288vvoqxf/coloredflame-1.7.10-1.0.jar?dl=0

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pro6cnwyd9n9u63/fml-client-latest.log?dl=0

Ok so you dont need to do anything with textures or rendering just set the texture name "fire" and BlockFire will take care of the rest.

https://github.com/brandon3055/Draconic-Evolution/blob/master/src/main/java/com/brandon3055/draconicevolution/common/blocks/SafetyFlame.java

OK, the question is not how do I render a custom fire block, it's why is one of my 16 functional custom fire blocks losing half of it's texture when I run

gradlew build
when the texture file is obviously there.

Capitalization, mate:

fireSilver_Layer_0.png

fireSilver_layer_0.png.mcmeta

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Because magic.TM

Or rather, Windows is picky when it comes to file names.  As files on your computer it doesn't give a shite what the casing is.  But as soon as its in a zip file (and a jar file is a zip file with a new, magical, and unique extension) it MATTERS A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Because magic.TM

Or rather, Windows is picky when it comes to file names.  As files on your computer it doesn't give a shite what the casing is.  But as soon as its in a zip file (and a jar file is a zip file with a new, magical, and unique extension) it MATTERS A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT.

So basically becasue IntelliJ is less picky than Windows.

I wonder if there's an IntelliJ addon that makes it as picky about caps as windows.