Console color formatting with 1.7

Slind

Hey,

in 1.6 (first line below) the color formatting worked fine in console. Now switching to 1.7 (second line) it doesn't work anymore. I couldn't find anything specific on this topic. Do I need to do something else or has the color support on console been dropped?

sender.sendChatToPlayer(ChatMessageComponent.createFromText(EnumChatFormatting.RED + "text goes here");
sender.addChatMessage(new ChatComponentText(EnumChatFormatting.RED + "text goes here");

sender.sendChatToPlayer(ChatMessageComponent.createFromText(EnumChatFormatting.RED + "text goes here");
sender.addChatMessage(new ChatComponentText(EnumChatFormatting.RED + "text goes here");

I don't know know what "sender" is, but looking at the code it should work.

What do you mean by console? This should work fine for the in-game chat gui, but it won't work in the application console (you can only have two colours depending on whether you use System.out or System.err)

BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP READ THE EAQ!

I'll help if I can. Apologies if I do something obviously stupid. :D

If you don't know basic Java yet, go and follow these tutorials.

I'm just gonna ask - were you (then) and are you now using normal server? (clean forge with just your mod, counting dev. env.)

Judging from output 1st picture looks like cauldron which had support for colored console msgs.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

I'm just gonna ask - were you (then) and are you now using normal server? (clean forge with just your mod, counting dev. env.)

Judging from output 1st picture looks like cauldron which had support for colored console msgs.

ohh, didn't know that, thanks.