Colored bed: the player won't sleep

Kander16

Hello,

I have a problem about my colored bed.

When i right click the "Blue bed" it flashes into the bed and goes back out withing a half second.

Everything works good exept that part, it just won't get into bed ant sleep i see "Leave bed" for a flash of time and then you get out of the bed. It doesn't crahses or anything like that, no log message, nothing

I think its with the BlockBlueBed file, i dont see a reason why it is at the ItemBlueBed, but for sure iam posting it below.

Please help.

ItemBlueBed.java

http://pastebin.com/uiMi5i1g

BlockBlueBed.java

http://pastebin.com/z12Kw6cX

Creator of the Master Chef Mod and many more to come.

If I helped you, please click the 'thank you' button.

I'm fairly certain that there are parts of the EntityPlayer file that point directly to Blocks.Bed

Unsure exactly how to go around that, but when I was messing around with making new beds a few versions ago, I had to change something in the EntityPlayer file to accept new types of beds, even though I was extending the BlockBed file. I wasn't using forge at the time. Might want to check those files as well?

I'm fairly certain that there are parts of the EntityPlayer file that point directly to Blocks.Bed

Unsure exactly how to go around that, but when I was messing around with making new beds a few versions ago, I had to change something in the EntityPlayer file to accept new types of beds, even though I was extending the BlockBed file. I wasn't using forge at the time. Might want to check those files as well?

Nope. Forge made a hook for that.

@kander16:

I don't see you overriding isBed() in your blocks class. You need to do that in order for it to be recognized as a bed. (The original implementation checks if the block instance is

Blocks.bed

, so it will return false on your block instance).

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Yes, it works!

Know I know what I was forgotten.

Just the @Override Anotation with

public boolean isBed(IBlockAccess world, int x, int y, int z, EntityLivingBase player)

{

return this == Living.blockBlueBed;

}

In it.

Also, is there a way to work more efficient, like

return this == Living.blockBlueBed OR Living.blockOrangeBed?

Thanks!

Creator of the Master Chef Mod and many more to come.

If I helped you, please click the 'thank you' button.

You can make a super class BlockColoredBed and have all your custom colored beds extend that class.

Then in your superclass, override isBed and check if

this instanceof BlockColoredBed

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.