FML won't integrate with my server.

RyanBigDog

Firstly, I'd like to say that I already read the official "installation guide," which is nothing more than a few sentences saying I should copy the Forge universal files into my server's JAR file and then reload the server.

Also keep in mind, I'm using a dedicated/hosted server. I don't have to pull crash reports and all that stuff. I get whatever is in the FTP and whatever I can see on Multicraft, and it's not much.

Anyways... So, I downloaded the latest version of CraftBukkit from Bukkit.org, copied it to my computer, then added the Forge Universal (latest build) files to the CraftBukkit JAR file, then I uploaded that file to my server.

Then I went on Multicraft and told it to load the custom JAR file, which it does... but the server won't start.

It hasn't updated my crash log on the FTP, so I have nothing to post for that. However, this is what I see in the console on Multicraft:

09.10 00:48:23 [Multicraft] Minecraft stopped

09.10 00:48:23 [Multicraft] Received stop command

09.10 00:48:20 [Multicraft] Looks like a crash, check the server console

09.10 00:48:20 [Multicraft] Minecraft shut down

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO ... 13 more

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jd

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:152)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

09.10 00:48:19 [server] INFO java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jd

09.10 00:48:19 [Multicraft] Loaded config for "Default Minecraft Server"

09.10 00:48:19 [Multicraft] Starting Minecraft!

09.10 00:48:19 [Multicraft] Loading Minecraft instance properties

Like I said. Simple stuff.. but it doesn't work. What's the problem?

k, well. I kind of answered my own question on this. I realized I was using Bukkit when Forge was only designed for the original Minecraft server, which is retarded since it says UNIVERSAL on it.

So anyway... I downloaded an official MC server, copied the Forge universal files to it, uploaded it to my server.. and now the server starts, when I try to connect to says "Outdated server!"

Now WTF is going on!? Nothing is outdated.. I'm using the latest releases of EVERYTHING.

k, well. I kind of answered my own question on this. I realized I was using Bukkit when Forge was only designed for the original Minecraft server, which is retarded since it says UNIVERSAL on it.

So anyway... I downloaded an official MC server, copied the Forge universal files to it, uploaded it to my server.. and now the server starts, when I try to connect to says "Outdated server!"

Now WTF is going on!? Nothing is outdated.. I'm using the latest releases of EVERYTHING.

It will work for bukkit too... when cpw finishes what he's doing on the mcpc side.

Make sure both client and server versions of forge are the same.

Make sure you aren't doing anything silly too, like using a snapshot server or client.

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.