Container help

gumgum7134

You can also take a look at vanilla code for example the furnace

i tried to replicate the chest and furnace and a couple other things but i couldn't make it work

EDIT: okay let me make things a little clearer what is happening is that whenever i try to input an item via a hopper it does nothing and the GUI wont render the items at all its like the block hasn't even had the container registered at all

That sounds like you're missing one of two things:

1) getDescriptionPacket and onDataPacket methods

2)

if (worldObj != null) worldObj.markBlockForUpdate(xCoord, yCoord, zCoord);

inside your setInventorySlotContents method.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Your TileEntity

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Going to drop this in here because it's relevant.

I watched the first video in Neale's series and it's horrible. Please don't use that.

He is doing everything manually, instead of teaching people how to use the powerful IDE (Eclipse) at their hands to e.g. override methods automatically. He does not put @Override on them either, so we in the forums get the errors when people update and the names change...

And then he puts the .lang file in the wrong place... clearly indicating that he has no idea what the hell he's doing and is just following instructions blindly himself. And failing to. He does not explain in the slightest that it needs to be "assets.<modid>". He makes it look like it's somehow related to your package. It is not. I've not watched more than the first video, but I have no doubts it's gonna continue like this.

Going to drop this in here because it's relevant.

I watched the first video in Neale's series and it's horrible. Please don't use that.

He is doing everything manually, instead of teaching people how to use the powerful IDE (Eclipse) at their hands to e.g. override methods automatically. He does not put @Override on them either, so we in the forums get the errors when people update and the names change...

And then he puts the .lang file in the wrong place... clearly indicating that he has no idea what the hell he's doing and is just following instructions blindly himself. And failing to. He does not explain in the slightest that it needs to be "assets.<modid>". He makes it look like it's somehow related to your package. It is not. I've not watched more than the first video, but I have no doubts it's gonna continue like this.

i know i saw him and i feel pretty much the same way; he doesn't explain anything at all, and just kind of makes it hard to adapt; i find wuppys tutorials much better, and even though he teaches through a specific example he explains what he's doing well enough to be able to adapt if you know enough about programming; in fact the reason i made this topic was because he still hadn't made his tutorial on containers.

EDIT: what should go in getDescriptionPacket and onDataPacket