[1.7.10]Custom Rendered Block Questions

Wyverndoes

Is there way to make custom rendered slab and make so you can place redstone on it? or have carpet and be able to place fence on it... Does it have to do something with colliding box?

I have never seen something like that in vanilla minecraft...

Thing I love most in this forum, is that when you ask for help, moderators don't give you ready code, you have to figure it out yourself.

Actually you can place a fence on carpet, it just doesn't touch it (hovers above it).

It's because each block in Minecraft is for a single block only.  You can't overlap blocks.  In order to place a fence directly on carpet, you would need to create a "fence on carpet" block.

This link explains it a bit more.

http://greyminecraftcoder.blogspot.co.at/2014/12/blocks-18.html

-TGG

Forge Multipart kind of allows partial block objects to occupy the same space.  But it has to do it using tile entities.  So it has some limitations, eg. you can't run redstone over carpet.  But you can put five torches in the same 1x1x1 space, etc.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1) I thought that blocks that aren't 1x1x1 are custom rendered.

2) Yeah i know that's possible. and I've seen that post, great work ^-^

3) Yes, that will work only for torches, because they are being placed on other block sides not on top of each other...

I'll figure something out and post it... for now it'll be unsolved ヽ(^‥^=ゞ)

~daze

Thing I love most in this forum, is that when you ask for help, moderators don't give you ready code, you have to figure it out yourself.

3) Yes, that will work only for torches, because they are being placed on other block sides not on top of each other...

I don't know what Forge Multipart implements by itself beyond the torches, but the point is that it allows multiple sub-blocks to occupy the same space.  For example, carpet and fence.

I had a need for something like it recently, but I didn't use Forge Multipart, as I didn't need "[any][any]" but "snow[plant]:

width=800 height=449http://s7.postimg.org/i82vo7f4b/2015_01_24_21_21_15.png[/img]

It also does webs (top right) as they use the same renderer (crossed squares).  I render the tile entity manually, first by calling

renderer.renderBlockByRenderType(Blocks.snow_layer, x, y, z);

and then using the code from renderer.renderCrossedSquares(...)[/code] that I actually need (with a substitution to get the block render color so that grass is multiplied and other blocks are not), which finishes with a call to

renderer.drawCrossedSquares(...);

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.