[1.7.10]How would I check if the players inventory is open?

starwarsmace

The server does in fact not know if the player is looking at their inventory or not. As far as the server is concerned you are always looking at your inventory, unless you are looking at another container (such as a chest).

On the client you can check Minecraft.getMinecraft().currentScreen instanceof GuiInventory (which would only cover the survival inventory).

Sorry about not telling you guys. I figured it out. I just used the GUIOPEN event, though diesieben's method is much better.

Anyway, now I have another question is there a good and efficient way to see which slot the player clicked?

Edit: By the way, it has to be the middle click. And is using the lwjgl Mouse class x and y and then compare it to the x and y to all the slots in the inventory and see which was the closest a good idea?

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

I should probably make a new thread for this but oh well. This is an open gl questions really.

https://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/showthread.php/185705-How-do-I-use-smoothing-groups-from-obj-files?p=1264468#post1264468

To summarize what I asked in that thread, how would I smooth a .obj model using the smoothiing groups? 

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

The server does in fact not know if the player is looking at their inventory or not. As far as the server is concerned you are always looking at your inventory, unless you are looking at another container (such as a chest).

On the client you can check Minecraft.getMinecraft().currentScreen instanceof GuiInventory (which would only cover the survival inventory).

I played around with this and was wondering, how would you check for the players HUD inventory bar being open in survival mode and specifically check for a slot number and whether or not it contains an item

I guess to clarify

how would you check whether or not a specific slot in the players HUD inventory bar does not contain an item. And -- if and only if  this specific slot doesnt contain an itemstack (ie is empty where itemstack is null) then add an item to that specific slot. Ive been stumped by this for a while.

try this it happens the first time but after that it doesnt work... move the items around remove them from the hud it isnt that simple.

@SubscribeEvent
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerLoggedInEvent event) {
	System.out.println("This is called Log In");

if(!event.player.worldObj.isRemote && !event.player.capabilities.isCreativeMode){
		System.out.println("on server side and not in creative");
		if(event.player.inventory.mainInventory[0] == null){
			System.out.println("Adding itemCustom1");	
			event.player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(CommonProxy.itemCustom1));
			} 
		if(event.player.inventory.mainInventory[1] == null){
			System.out.println("Adding itemCustom2");	
			event.player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(CommonProxy.itemCustom2));
		    }
		if(event.player.inventory.mainInventory[2] == null){
			System.out.println("Adding itemCustom3");	
			event.player.inventory.addItemStackToInventory(new ItemStack(CommonProxy.itemCustom3));
		    }
	}

}

[EDIT] the weird thing is if you move the item -> itemCustom3 lets say to a different slot lets say slot 5 and then relog. Now slot 3 is empty and so you should get itemCustom 3 placed into slot 3 but you dont you get it in slot 5 now. If you throw the item away then it works again upon relog you get item 3 in slot 3.

For some reason MouseInputEvent didnt call. It might be because Im not registering it on the right bus. It has no javadocs, so I was wondering whether any of you know. Also, im currently registering it on MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS

You need to register it on the FML bus:

FMLCommonHandler.instance().bus()

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

It appears to me that the Slot.displayX(or y) is offsetted. For example, the first slot on the screen is around 240 pixels on the x. But the slot.displayX is saying the x is on 8, when 8 is all the way at the edge. It looks like to me it is offeseted. Does it start at the left side of the players inventory? And does the y start at the top of the inventory? If so, is there some equation that I can use to get the offset, since I know that the pixel lengths change when the gui size changes or its fullscreen or not.