Modelling, is there anything better than Techne?

jordsta95

Yes, there is. I use MCAnimator. It can import Techne models and seems to export better code.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-tools/2187221-1-2-1-mcanimator-windows-mac-linux-better

EDIT: I am not sure about the sliders and stuff, but it is better than Techne.

If I helped please press the Thank You button.

Check out my mods at http://www.curse.com/users/The_Fireplace/projects

Or you can code it yourself. In the long run, it turns out better, even though at first, they look a bit off and stuff. You do learn quickly though. Just a pain in the neck a first, when you have to first keep on launching minecraft over and over again just to see how your model looks like, but I think  it is better than using a software.

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

Or you can code it yourself. In the long run, it turns out better, even though at first, they look a bit off and stuff. You do learn quickly though. Just a pain in the neck a first, when you have to first keep on launching minecraft over and over again just to see how your model looks like, but I think  it is better than using a software.

I agree.  The Java in the entity models is simple: just a bunch of blocks.  So you can actually just draw your entity on graph paper and then code in the positions as quickly and with less aggravation of using Techne.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

I agree.  The Java in the entity models is simple: just a bunch of blocks.  So you can actually just draw your entity on graph paper and then code in the positions as quickly and with less aggravation of using Techne.

Woah. Jabelar agreed with me. That is a true honor to have.

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

What version of techne are you on? Mine has sliders FOR rotations!

Ya mine does too.

Still. Theres nothing better than having your own numbers to mess around with. Its way better to code it yourself. Not only does it in the long run look better, it gives you an understanding of your model, so you can add rotation points and such. For things like animation api, you really need to know java models and the best way to understand it is to code it yourself.