1.8 'middle' message problem (Not titles)

LCastr0

Whatever you're using that adds the extra hearts is not using the Forge system.

In our system everything knows the height of everything and adjusts itself accordingly.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Uh, i'm not talking about the hearts...

You can see the height of the middle message, it's not where it should be...

I'll even post one more image from the vanilla mc using that middle message.

It's not the item name, it's the 1.8 middle chat message. (It's also not the 1.8 title)

As you can see in this image (http://i.imgur.com/jGlDmZ0.png) the message is above the hearts (Vanilla)

In this one, it's also above the hearts (http://i.imgur.com/zzkHYUq.png) (LiteLoader only)

But in this (http://i.imgur.com/aStXrLn.png) and this (http://i.imgur.com/GpCFpvy.png) ones, they are 'under' the hearts (LiteLoader+Forge and Forge only)

So, please, don't say it uses the correct locations for the messages, because as you can see in the images, it doesn't.

(Again, I'm NOT talking about the hearts, but the colored message ABOVE them)

It must be the jukebox message that is being used by some plugin. It's the only type of message that vanilla displays there.

In 1.8, there is 1 more packet that sends different types of messages, i think it's called Action bar

You can see more about the packet here: http://wiki.vg/Protocol#Chat_Message (Note that if you use the '2' byte, it displays above the action bar, but it's not the jukebox message)

I just looked at the code. If that value 2 is received it just sets the jukebox message. It's not called jukebox message anyways, just "overlay  message" in the code.

Really? Because some times i can see both the 'action bar' and the jukebox text, but ok, thanks anyway :P

Are you sure it's not the tool highlight?

I just checked the code again, jukebox message and the packet you mentioned above (which is used for the "this chest is locked" message, btw.) go through the exact same method.

Well it could be the jukebox, i'm not sure... I only know how it works in Bukkit/Spigot, not in forge :P

But it's not the tool highlight for sure

Bukkit works with vanilla, and Forge does not alter this code at all. So yeah, it must be the jukebox message, because that's the only one that vanilla provides.

Alright, I'll wait for the next build and try again, and if it's still bugged i quote you again :P

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M0EG-c5yfRd08DSnE5HVQNCu2v0YtA7A/view?usp=sharing  
    • so im not sure if your still watching this TileEntity but once we loaded a FTB modpack we wanted to run on the server it no longer seems to run. The console opens like normal but we've been sitting here for like a little over an hour and the server screen has not yet opened. Should we just keep waiting at this point?
    • I have now easily fixed the duplication error present, I was just not looking.   I have been working for the past half hour to try and fix another error present, this time with the Creative Mode Tab.   I have changed some things around to get where I am currently. (ModFoods to ModDrinks*) and it cannot find the symbol ".get" at the end of the code. *The custom class you recommended pOutput.accept(ModDrinks.ORANGE_JUICE.get()); I think the point I am at currently is the closest I have to how it should be but because I am not as experienced with java I would not know.  I have also removed ORANGE_JUICE and LEMON_JUICE from the ModFoods class, to avoid confliction. I do hope all this can be fully resolved soon.  
    • [SOLVED]  public class RenderGUIHandler { @SubscribeEvent public void renderGUI(RenderGameOverlayEvent.Text event){ Client.hud.draw(); } } As I was playing around a little with the code, i found out about an option to change The RenderGameOverlayEvent.Post to RenderGameOverlayEvent.Text
    • public class HUD { public Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft(); public static class ModuleComparator implements Comparator<Module>{ @Override public int compare(Module o1, Module o2) { if (Minecraft.getMinecraft().fontRendererObj.getStringWidth(o1.name) > Minecraft.getMinecraft().fontRendererObj.getStringWidth(o2.name)){ return -1; } if (Minecraft.getMinecraft().fontRendererObj.getStringWidth(o1.name) < Minecraft.getMinecraft().fontRendererObj.getStringWidth(o2.name)){ return 1; } return 0; } } public void draw(){ ScaledResolution sr = new ScaledResolution(mc); FontRenderer fr = mc.fontRendererObj; Collections.sort(Client.modules, new ModuleComparator()); GlStateManager.pushMatrix(); GlStateManager.translate(4,4,0); GlStateManager.scale(1.5,1.5,1); GlStateManager.translate(-4, -4, 0); fr.drawString("Skyline", 10, 10, -1); GlStateManager.popMatrix(); int count = 0; for (Module m : Client.modules){ if (!m.toggled || m.name.equals("TabGUI")) continue; int offset = count* (fr.FONT_HEIGHT + 6); GL11.glTranslated(0.0f, 0.0f, -1.0f); Gui.drawRect(sr.getScaledWidth() - fr.getStringWidth(m.name) - 10, offset, sr.getScaledWidth() - fr.getStringWidth(m.name) - 8, 6 + fr.FONT_HEIGHT + offset, -1); Gui.drawRect(sr.getScaledWidth() - fr.getStringWidth(m.name) - 8, offset, sr.getScaledWidth(), 6 + fr.FONT_HEIGHT + offset, 0x90000000); fr.drawString(m.name, sr.getScaledWidth() - fr.getStringWidth(m.name) - 4, offset + 4, -1); count++; } Client.onEvent(new EventRenderGUI()); } } I have just recently stumbled upon this Problem, where the HudRenderer renders the wrong section of the textures and therefore completely destroys the Minecraft Armour and Hunger Bar. I am currently thinking if it is an issue with the DrawRect changing something it shouldn't. But I couldn't find anything about it. (To keep things Clean, the function is Called from another file) public class RenderGUIHandler { @SubscribeEvent public void renderGUI(RenderGameOverlayEvent.Post event){ Client.hud.draw(); } } Any help would be greatly appreciated  
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.