Tutorials on adding mob builds such as the Wither as well as adding new realms?

The Great Duck

Hello, I have recently begun working on a mod, and I'm relatively new to this. The specifics aren't necessary for this question; however, so I'll spare the details. Basically, I wish to make block formations that when placed together turn into a mob, similar to how the Wither does so. I understand how to make mobs in the sense that I've found several tutorials on this site. I haven't actually made one yet, but to be fair, I can easily substitute a creeper or zombie as my "spawned mob". I'm more interested in /how/ I get this to spawn.

Now I also know that minecraft has three realms: Earth, The Nether, and The End. I'm curious on whether or not it's possible to add a new realm?

Please understand that I'd prefer to keep the details of my mod a secret at the moment. So while I do appreciate tutorials/help in these endeavors, I would rather not disclose precisely /what/ realms and mobs I intend to make. :)

1) If you are using a custom block for this then in your onBlockPlaced method check around the X/Y/Z coordinates in the correct shape to see if it matches the shape intended. So say you have your CustomBlock, when it is placed if there are two blocks of glowstone below it, spawn a mob, in the on block placed method you would check Y - 1 and Y - 2, of course it would get more complicated for more complicated structures. If you are using a vanilla block you'll need to use an event for when players place blocks.

To get the mob to spawn

EntityYourMob mob = new EntityYourMob();

Then I believe there's a method in the world to spawn the entity in it.

2) Yes it's possible to add other dimensions, lots of mods do it, mystcraft, galacticraft, witchery. I don't know exactly how but it is possible.

You should teleport the player to the another dimension when he/she got to the boundary of the world.. It would be really wonky so don't do that when it is unnecessary.

So why do you need dimensions to be 'side by side'?

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

It depends upon what you mean by that, a mod called pocket dimensions lets you have these chunk wide? (Not sure the size) building area in a dimension, all these "pocket dimensions" are in the same dimension but you can't access one from the other because you are trapped in a room of unbreakable blocks (There is a way back to the overworld of course)

I was thinking it would be kind of cool to be able to ghost render blocks from one dimension in another, however I'm not sure how possible that is, it would be cool to see the nether underneath the overworld if you break bedrock, and then jumping puts you in. :P

Oh yes, there are many mods out there that adds chunk loaders. Vanilla even keeps the spawn chunks loaded all the time, although I'm not sure about how to add chunk loading I'm sure you'll find tutorials somewhere. Mods I can think of off the top of my head that have chunk loaders are railcraft, chickenchunks, buildcraft (The quarry keeps the chunks loaded), extra utilities. I know buildcraft is open source if you want to take a look at the code and see if you can find it somewhere. You probably don't want to keep the whole dimension loaded but if you force load specific chunks it would work. I don't recommend loading too many chunks if they're not needed however.