Manually changing item IDs

fallingkitten

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the general support section, or here in the modded support section, since I am not making a mod. So if this is in the wrong place, my apologies, it seemed more appropriate to put it here.

I believe Forge resolves conflicting item IDs of its own accord now, which is great. However, I am having an issue with a plugin (on a modded server) where it will only acknowledge item IDs below ~430. Because Forge now resolves ID conflicts itself, most mods (the ones I'm using, anyway) don't have the option to manually change their item IDs. And, of course, the items I want this plugin to deal with all have their IDs well over ~430.

So my question is: is there a way to manually change item IDs, without Forge changing them back?

Well, I know how to manually change IDs. It'll be a pain, but doable. You wouldn't happen to know if damage values (i.e. :0~:15 denoting different wool colours) are also stored in the level.dat, would you?

No.  They are not.  In 1.7 its just a byte value and it has no meaning other than what the code does with it.  In 1.8, its stored the same way (as a byte value) but translated into an enum by the code.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.