[1.7.10] HUD Rendering Problems

ThePizzaBoy-

I am trying to make it so that when you look at the block it displays what is inside it as I am providing no direct GUI to see it. The point is not to have a GUI.

You place items by right clicking which works fine.

The problem I am having is that it only renders what is inside after saving and re entering the world. Not while I am in the world changing the contents

You can view all my source code at: https://github.com/gapizzacalla/InteractiveCraftingTable-1.7

The classes you want to pay attention to are EventsHandler, BlockICT, ContainerICT, and TileEntityICT (although there is not much in the tile entity besides read and write NBT methods)

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated thank you.

In what scale? If you plan on having tons of given TE - then yes, markDirty used on every tick will cause extensive CPU usage - by extensive i don't mean it will be hell, but surely it will be much more than it should be.

MD should be only called when needed. Check out Furnace - it has nice way of doing it (state-change booelan "isBurning()").

Btw. "Lag" is more of network problem. What you are asking is more of CPU usage.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.