Trying to make some mods work for my son's Minecraft install

moed

Hello,

This is my very first post in the forums and I need some help. I'm trying to get 2 mods to properly work for my son's Minecraft install and have followed the online and Youtube instructions of how to do it but sure enough, they're just not working. I've installed the latest version of Forge (1.8-11.14.3.1487) and have Minecraft v 1.8.7. I believe that's the latest version.

I personally don't play Minecraft and honestly don't know anything about it but my son is only 9 years old and doesn't know anything about modding so here I am endeavoring to get this issue resolved.

The 2 mods that he wanted to get working are the Morph mod (we have Morph-Beta-0.9.1), and the Adventure Backpack Mod (we have adventurebackpack-1.7.10-0.8b). For the Morph mod, I also installed (according to the instructions I got from the Internet) the iChun Utility (we have the iChunUtil-5.4.0). I put these .jar mods in the Mods folder within the Minecraft folder. I then launch Minecraft and select the "Forge" profile - Edit Profile. In the Profile Editor window, I make sure I select in the "Use Version" field: "release 1.8-Forge11.14.3.1487". I then save the profile and click "Play". Once the game intro screen shows up, I click on the "Mods" button and only 4 mods are displayed:

- Minecraft Coder Pack

- Forge Mod Loader

- Minecraft Forge

- iChunUtil

So, what gives? Why are the other 2 mods (adventurebackpack-1.7.10-0.8b and Morph-Beta-0.9.1) not showing up in the list? Could it be perhaps because these mods were made for an earlier version of Minecraft and they're not compatible with our version?

In any case, any help in getting this problem fixed would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.   

adventurebackpack-1.7.10-0.8b

Mods do not work across MC versions.

So that one will obviously not work.

Morph-Beta-0.9.1

Gives no MC version info so you'd have to consult the mod's official thread/page.

There is also a logs file in the logs folder that tells you more information.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Thanks for the response LexManos.

So now my question is that if mods don't work across MC versions, what if I can't find (or maybe don't even exist) the adventure pack or morph mod that is current enough to work on my son's version of MC? Which happens to be the latest, 1.8.7?

Is there a way to get/download and older version of MC such as 1.7.10 that I can install on my son's system? 

You have access to every version of minecraft through the vanilla launcher, so there is no worries about being 'to updated' they all live together fine is you do it right. When you install forge it specifically targets a single version and does all that for you.

Forge is currently on 1.8.0, Minecraft is on 1.8.7, the installer/launcher know to use the correct information.

{Before anyone asks, yes i'll be updating, when i get free time, monday is the plan}

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Thanks for the ongoing help.

I went ahead and changed the profile through the launcher and chose 1.7.10. Problem is, that gives me the ability to play the "normal" game through the intro screen, but I don't have an extra "Mods" button on the intro screen that gives me access to the installed Mods.

The only way I can get access to mods installed in the game is when I choose the specific profile "release 1.8-Forge11.14.3.1487". Which then brings me back to the original problem.

In simpler terms, if I choose the profile 1.7.10 by itself, I am only able to play the "normal" MC with no access to any mods installed. But when I choose "release 1.8-Forge11.14.3.1487" profile, then I get access to the mods installed but not the adventure packs or morph mods because I was informed by LexManos that those mods are too old for anything newer than 1.7.10.

What seems to me of what I need is a profile that perhaps says something like "release 1.7-Forge11.14.3.1487.