[1.7.10] Patching vanilla class

TH3Doctor_11th

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get ServerConfigurationManager properly patched (using a ClassTransformer), but even if the class is correctly recognized by this method http://i.imgur.com/HsVBrh4.png and the patch method is called, the server does not seem to show any change.

I'm also patching another method of another class (that can be found both on client and server side) and it's perfectly working so I don't understand why this isn't  Emoticon unsure

No matter what I change of the target method of ServerConfigurationManager, I can't see any change when recompiled.

Moreover, the problem comes only when the source is recompiled, on a dev environment all gets patched.

Do you have any ideas about the solution/problem source?

I'm working with Doctor, the problem is that the patch to the other class is not replaceable with anything (but it's working) and the event is processed too late to prevent the login. If we use ServerConnectionFromClientEvent or PlayerLoggedInEvent the player gets kicked after his login fires in chat and if his connection is very poor, he can see the world for a short time.

And you need this new authentication method because...?

Because I need to change the authentication method to align it with my launcher credentials.

And them seeing the world for a very short time is a problem because...?

If someone try to login with another player usename (with wrong credentials) can see where he is in the world.

You can cancel the login chat message.

Yep, but prevent the login at a lower level seems more "clean".

I don't understand why you can't just answer to the base question, however:

Why do you have a custom launcher login? Are you creating a cracked launcher?

Not cracked but Mojang indipendent, users that want to use it must confirm that they have a legal purchased Minecraft account but then they can use it even if the Minecraft auth servers are offline.

Because of this feature the server is in offline mode and I need a different auth method for it.

If someone try to login with another player usename (with wrong credentials) can see where he is in the world.

It's a symptom of low protection, they can discover where is the enemy camp, where the enemy logged out to kill him etc.

Define how base-editing classes is "more clean".

The ServerConfigurationManager is responsible of the logins before events or anything else, stopping the login in that moment returns in a more efficient auth, faster and with no delay to exploit.