Get the partial tick?

thebest108

Why?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

There is no "smaller" thing than tick (as said partial ones are for rendering) when talking about minecraft-proper coding.

Probably only way to achieve this would require you to have synchronized (and self-correcting) mod-timer that would work along with minecraft's timer (where 50ms = 1 tick).

It IS obviously possible (been there, done that) but you would have to handle synchronizations on your own, and more importantly - system would be no more useful than TickEvent (because it wouldn't be really possible to "guess" when is the right time to call method with it).

Verdict: Don't do that (in probably any case).

P.S - you might be interested in mod that allows users to "record" world in means of "action-recording".

Action-recording - you can watch record from any perspective in given tick.

Why? I am not sure, but I belive they managed to extend ticks to more-than-20 per second (or something similar), at least, that's what they were working on few months ago. Probably ASM stuff tho :D

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Again, why? What are you trying to accomplish that doesn't work on full ticks?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Its not really rendering, its just I have something that needs its movement updated (MORE) than 20 times a second. Im thinking the best way is to have a method that gets its position for that instant in time using a partial tick to get the effect that its constantly being updated. Similar to what the rendering does the entities but Im trying to extend that to the logic too. This would be used on both client and server in the end.

Anyway how can I check how far between ticks I am?

"you seem to be THE best modder I've seen imo."

~spynathan

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ

Here m8, since your so inclined:

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zlUbqCobzug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

When in between ticks the rendered outline will spaz out because the players hit vector updates every render(not tick), but the intercept Bounding Box is getting calculated on the old position and the result is the selected block will switch stupidly between ticks because only the hit vector got updated every frame.

Now plz how do I fix it

Edit: I cant achieve this by updating a number every time it gets a frame either because I need the tick server side too since its still handling collisions

"you seem to be THE best modder I've seen imo."

~spynathan

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ