Minecraft Load Custom Mod: Error.setTextureName(Ljava/lang/String;)

Xour21

Hey Guys hoping to get some help with this error I have, I've created my own custom mod (called Teuton Materials for reference) I have no problem when I run the mod in InteliJ (where I built it) but when I build it using Project Structure -> Artifacts and then put into my MC mods folder and launch I get the following error.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Don't be sad, have a hug! <3

Time: 1/10/15 7:33 PM

Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.materialsteuton.teutonmaterials.items.ItemTeutonSword.setTextureName(Ljava/lang/String;)Lnet/minecraft/item/Item;

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:162)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:515)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:239)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:867)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.materialsteuton.teutonmaterials.items.ItemTeutonSword.setTextureName(Ljava/lang/String;)Lnet/minecraft/item/Item;

at net.materialsteuton.teutonmaterials.items.ItemTeutonSword.<init>(ItemTeutonSword.java:19)

at net.materialsteuton.teutonmaterials.items.ModItems.init(ModItems.java:24)

at net.materialsteuton.teutonmaterials.TeutonMaterials.preInit(TeutonMaterials.java:19)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:513)

... 10 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.7.10

Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0

Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 84914456 bytes (80 MB) / 268001280 bytes (255 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)

JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

FML: MCP v9.05 FML v7.10.82.1216 Minecraft Forge 10.13.1.1216 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active

mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

FML{7.10.82.1216} [Forge Mod Loader] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.1.1216-new.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

Forge{10.13.1.1216} [Minecraft Forge] (forge-1.7.10-10.13.1.1216-new.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

millenaire{6.0.0} [Millénaire] (millenaire-6.0.0.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized

teutonmaterials{1.0} [Teuton Materials] (TeutonMaterials0.1.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored

I can't find anything about this anywhere else and all the other similar bugs I found remain unanswered, can someone point me to a forum where this has been solved or try and help with this error.

Cheers

Xour21

setTextureName

is the deobfuscated (MCP) name of the method, which is only used in the development environment. In the normal client, it has an obfuscated (SRG) name instead.

You need to build your mod using the

build

Gradle task (either from the command line or IDEA's Gradle window), this compiles and reobfuscates the mod so it uses SRG names instead of MCP names. The built mod will be in the build/libs folder of your project.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

obfuscated (SRG) name instead.

Just to clarify, SRG and Obfuscated are not the same.

Obfuscated: af()

SRG: func_173982_a()

MCP: doSomething()

The obfuscated ("notch") names are what you'd find if you examined the vanilla jar manually.  The SRG names are run-time translations that Forge performs (Forge runs a class transformer on every vanilla class at priority 1000, most coremods run afterwards, but they can run first if they so desire).  MCP ("Minecraft Coder Pack") names are the ones you see in the development environment, if they are available (otherwise you'll see the SRG names).  SRG is intended as a "version agnostic" naming scheme so that mods do not depend on a specific version of Forge to run.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

"Slowly and painfully"

There might be a tool out there that will do it automatically, but you can do a find-replace-all in files and manually translate SRG names to MCP by looking them up in the mappings.

Those are stored at:

~\.gradle\caches\minecraft\net\minecraftforge\forge\1.7.10-10.13.2.1291\unpacked\conf

Where ~ is your user directory.  In that folder will be two csv files: fields.csv and methods.csv

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

To get the source code from a built mod, you'll have to use BON or BON2 to deobfuscate the mod and then use a Java decompiler to decompile it into source code. I list some decompilers and explain how to use BON in this thread.

Keep in mind that most closed source licenses don't allow you to use the code in your own mod.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.