New Creative Tab

Thor597

Make a new variable, which holds a new instance of your tab, like this:

public static CreativeTabs yourTab = new CreativeTabs("yourTab");

Add a title to this tab like this:

LanguageRegistry.instance().addStringLocalization("itemGroup.yourTab", "en_US", "My Custom Tab");

And last but not least, add your items to your custom tab, using the instance you've created, like this:

myItem.setCreativeTab(yourTab);

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

I figured it out, anyway 1 question.

Items that has hasEffect = true makes some tabs go purple and its weird, ive been getting this on achieves with this effect item too, the achieve screen goes white

That might be a vanilla issue, due none of the items in the achievements nor those for the creative tabs have the effect. I encountered that, too.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

LanguageRegistry.instance().addStringLocalization("itemGroup.yourTab", "en_US", "My Custom Tab");

And last but not least, add your items to your custom tab, using the instance you've created, like this:

what icon will this new tab have?

running minecraft on Mac OS X - Sierra --- creating code since 1986 ... --- मेरा दिल भारतवासी है!

width=289 height=100http://www.arno-saxena.de/pictures/chococraft/banner_signature.png[/img]

what icon will this new tab have?

I forgot to mention that you have to make a new class which extend CreativeTabs and override this method:

public ItemStack getIconItemStack() {
    return new ItemStack(Item.eyeOfEnder);
}

So this tab would have the Eye Of Ender item as icon.

And instead of initializate with the standard CreativeTabs class, you should do this:

public static CreativeTabs yourTab = new MyCustomTab("yourTab");

mah twitter

So would this tab overwrite one of the existing tabs? Or be alongside them?

It will be a new tab alongside the others.

BTW, I made a wiki article about this whole creative tabs thingy here:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Custom_Creative_Tabs

mah twitter