Getting a Player to move exactly 1 Block by holding FORWARD

SecondAmendment

Im trying to get the Player to move Forward exactly one block from its last position. So lets say his last position was 11.54321 etc... I would like him to stop at 12.54321 if he was moving in the Positive X direction. I know I have to account for the player movement speed, and so I made a conditional, but at no point in time are the players previous X coordinate equal to its new X coordinates. Please Help!

Here is the Conditional:

new Timer().schedule( 
	        new java.util.TimerTask() {
	            @Override
	            public void run() {
	        		double x = Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.posX;
	        		System.out.println(x);
	        		System.out.println(x+.5);
	        		boolean atPosition = true;
	        		Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.rotationYaw = Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.rotationYaw+rotation;
	        		Minecraft.getMinecraft().gameSettings.keyBindForward.setKeyBindState(Keyboard.KEY_W, true);
	        		while(atPosition){
	        			System.out.println(Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.posX);
	        			if(Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.getPosition().getX() == x+1){
	        				Minecraft.getMinecraft().gameSettings.keyBindForward.setKeyBindState(Keyboard.KEY_W, false);
	        				Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.rotationYaw = Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.rotationYaw+rotation;
	        				atPosition = false;
	        			}
	        		}
	        		atPosition = true;
	        	}
	        },
	);

Because the position is a float, using == will almost never be true. It especially doesn't help that timing will be less than perfect, so you need to have a tolerance allowance.

It would be better to check for having passed the desired location and aborting as soon as it is detected.

If you've ever tried to position yourself exactly in the center of a block yourself, you would know how tricky it is to be exact with key input.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Because the position is a float, using == will almost never be true. It especially doesn't help that timing will be less than perfect, so you need to have a tolerance allowance.

It would be better to check for having passed the desired location and aborting as soon as it is detected.

If you've ever tried to position yourself exactly in the center of a block yourself, you would know how tricky it is to be exact with key input.

Ok so I changed them to a float to allow for a shorter range of numbers, and also added tollerance. But it will not stop, it will still go on forever.

new Timer().schedule( 
	        new java.util.TimerTask() {
	            @Override
	            public void run() {
	        		float x = (float) Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.posX;
	        		System.out.println(x);
	        		boolean atPosition = true;
	        		Minecraft.getMinecraft().gameSettings.keyBindForward.setKeyBindState(Keyboard.KEY_W, true);
	        		while(atPosition){
	        			if(((float)Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.posX) >= x+1){
	        				Minecraft.getMinecraft().gameSettings.keyBindForward.setKeyBindState(Keyboard.KEY_W, false);
	        				atPosition = false;
	        			}
	        		}
	        		atPosition = true;
	        	}
	        },
	);

Well, if the player is moving in the negative-X direction.....

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.