[1.8.8] Replacing Minecraft Classes

P0ke

I'm currently trying to replace certain MC classes using [ur=http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/mapping-and-modding-tutorials/1571486-1-7-2-how-to-use-decompiled-minecraft-source-andl]this[/url] method, but it doesn't seem to be working. Does this still work the way it describes in that guide? Am I simply doing something wrong.

The .java files I want to change are placed in my eclipse workspace like so:

modname/net/minecraft/client/gui/GuiIngame.java

I've tried a couple other locations (modname/src/main/java, etc.) but none of them seem to work. Any help is appreciated.

You're not really supposed to modify the actual Minecraft source. That is technically against the EULA (if you distribute the results) and also can cause incompatibilities with other mods.

If you're into modding, I suggest you use Forge properly. Basically it provides "hooks" that allow you to modify most of the common things you want to change. If you want to change recipes, add items, blocks, or entities, change the AI of vanilla mobs, and so on, there are easy ways of doing it with Forge. And you're allowed to share the result and can mix it with other mods more easily.

What are you trying to accomplish with your modification anyway?

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

You're not really supposed to modify the actual Minecraft source. That is technically against the EULA (if you distribute the results) and also can cause incompatibilities with other mods.

If you're into modding, I suggest you use Forge properly. Basically it provides "hooks" that allow you to modify most of the common things you want to change. If you want to change recipes, add items, blocks, or entities, change the AI of vanilla mobs, and so on, there are easy ways of doing it with Forge. And you're allowed to share the result and can mix it with other mods more easily.

What are you trying to accomplish with your modification anyway?

I am aware of this, and if I ever plan on writing an actual mod I'd definitely follow convention. But for the time being I would rather just modify the source for a quick and easy solution. I would be using MCP for this, but I can't find MCP 1.8.8 anywhere (if you know where I could find it that would be better, actually).

Currently I'm trying to disable certain animations that were added in 1.8, such as the way hearts flash differently and the way armor lights up (or doesn't light up) after taking damage.