• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Don't put your mod's tags in the Minecraft domain, put them in yours. Its your mod's tag it belongs with YOUR mod, doesn't matter that they're vanilla items.  
    • It was a much much simpler solution than I was expecting, I simply hadn't downloaded/run the version I was trying to play, thank you to all for the help.
    • 1.12 is no longer supported on this forum. Please update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.
    • so I don't know how I did this but the Forge installer opens in firefox now, and when I click "save file' it downloads but when I hit open it opens a new tab and shows the the same save file screen again, meaning I am not able to open the forge installer. How do I fix this?
    • I have a "resources\data\minecraft\tags\items\carnivore.json" { "replace": false, "values": [ "minecraft:porkchop", "minecraft:chicken", "minecraft:mutton", "minecraft:rabbit", "minecraft:beef", "minecraft:egg", "minecraft:cod", "minecraft:salmon", "minecraft:tropical_fish" ] } and I have "resources\data\mymod\tags\items\carnivore.json" { "replace": false, "values": [ "minecraft:porkchop" ] } note: yes this should be a raw meat item from my own mod in this tag group but for the particular mod I am working with there is not one, actually probably going to add one just to satisfy my own ODC but have not got around to it so porkchop it is. I can get the ingredients [don't get too hung up on code examples I'm cobbling them together to present the general ides without all the variables] that would make it harder to read without posting everything, which I can't post everything because it is someone elses mod that I am working on to send them as a quarantine gift [had a lot of time on my hands recently]. Ingredient CARNIVORE_TAGED_ITEMS = Ingredient.fromTag(ItemTags.getCollection().getOrCreate(new ResourceLocation(MyMOD.MODID, "carnivore")))); goalSelector.addGoal(4, new TemptGoal(this, 1.2D, false, CARNIVORE_TAGED_ITEMS)); When I test all that is returned is what is in my group tag reference [the lone porkchop] so that does not help much. Too much trouble to get a list of every tag group that could possibly be added and try to cobble them all together into one  list. So trying another way.. I have a init called from the mainmod commonSetup where I collect the list of items like so using ForgeRegistries.ITEMS and I have a resource reload listener that will call the same init if the resources are reloaded. So quick and dirty i get a list of items....   IForgeRegistry<Item> test = ForgeRegistries.ITEMS; List<Item> temp = Lists.newArrayList();; for(Item i: test) { if(i.getTags().toString().contains("carnivore")) { //not the smoothest way but got to get it working to reine temp.add(i.asItem().getItem()); } } Now how to get those items in temp into Ingredient CARNIVORE_TAGED_ITEMS so i can use them in the goals. Or better yet get the items from ForgeRegistries.ITEMS  using the the carnivore item group more directly bu that does not seem to be an option.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)