Server Admin Option for Turning off Chunkloader for offline users

darkthought

That would be a mod option, go and talk to your mod makers.

Protip: try and find answers yourself before asking on the forum.

It's pretty likely that there is an answer.

Was I helpful? Give me a thank you!

width=635 height=903http://bit.ly/HZ03zy[/img]

Tired of waiting for mods to port to bukkit?

use BukkitForge! (now with a working version of WorldEdit!)

It does make sense, on a forge level.

When a user logs off, invalidate all chunkloading tickets a user holds. It would have to be done at the forge level, not the mod level. You don't want to have to toggle the setting in 166 different config files, do you?

Read the EAQ before posting! OR ELSE!

This isn't building better software, its trying to grab a place in the commit list of a highly visible github project.

www.forgeessentials.com

Don't PM me, I don't check this account unless I have to.

It does make sense, on a forge level.

When a user logs off, invalidate all chunkloading tickets a user holds. It would have to be done at the forge level, not the mod level. You don't want to have to toggle the setting in 166 different config files, do you?

Exactly my point. One config file, one TRUE / FALSE conditional to set in the configs. I know the admins of the server I play on would LOVE this feature.

-snip-

Inherited permissions? Owner of the deployer / turtle owns the chunk loader.

that would require ALL tile entities that can place blocks to record who track who owns it and pass that info along to each potential block it places that may place a block itself, there is currently no system in place to do anything like that

that would require ALL tile entities that can place blocks to record who track who owns it and pass that info along to each potential block it places that may place a block itself, there is currently no system in place to do anything like that

Okay then, a server config option that if the chunk loader block wasn't placed by a person (no owner) then it will not function.

More configs are good.

This still is not qualifying for a forge feature, but possibly a dedicated mod feature.

One could do this in a mod quite easily, when a player places a chunkloader, map the player to those coordinates, when he logs out, replace it with a unremovable(except by ops) sign with the user and chunkloader that would have been there, and replace it when the user logs back in.

Would not be very difficult to accomplish, and would not be hard for the author to keep it updated with the current various chunk loaders(or add in a config for the admins to add to).

If the chunkloader has a null player who placed it(like some kind of deployer) then the mod could simply break the chunk loader.

• 2 weeks later...