1.8.9 Forge installer freezes when trying to change install directory

bigyihsuan

I've been trying to install Forge for 1.8.9, but the installer freezes when I click on the [...] button to change the install directory.

I've tried both the EXE and the JAR installers, and the installers output no log. It creates the files, but doesn't write anything to them, leaving it blank.

Most likely you have a odd setup that is either not letting you read from your install directory or something.

If you run the installer jar manually and tell us from the console what it says we may be able to help you more.

It's also worth trying to run as admin.

But be sure you've got the installer ONLY from our official site. {And if you went through a ad page clicked the top right 'Skip Ad' not anything in the advertisement itself}

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Most likely you have a odd setup that is either not letting you read from your install directory or something.

If you run the installer jar manually and tell us from the console what it says we may be able to help you more.

It's also worth trying to run as admin.

But be sure you've got the installer ONLY from our official site. {And if you went through a ad page clicked the top right 'Skip Ad' not anything in the advertisement itself}

Yes it's from the official site. I'm unable to run as an admin because this is on a shared computer with my family, and I can't get my dad to give the admin password.

Here's what happened:

c:\Users\kids\Downloads>java -jar forge-1.8-11.14.4.1563-installer.jar
Setting up logger: c:\Users\kids\Downloads\forge-1.8-11.14.4.1563-installer.jar.log
Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected!

It worked when I ran it through Command Prompt, but it kept repeating the "Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected!" message.

Weird, I have no idea what Qt is, but Forge doesn't use it.

It may be a internal part of java.

But what its saying is that it doesn't support windows 10.

If it is a internal part of java you should go and update your java install.

What is the MD5 of that installer file?

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.

Thats what I found as well, however as I said, we don't use it directly in Forge in any way.

And the official site is horrible at telling what it actually is.

It's nothing we ship.