[SOLVED]Block removal tool(help please)

Blaze0025

Hello.

So, I have a specific block in my mod that gets removed when right clicked with a tool. But when I right click it with something other than the tool, It still removes it.

Code:

@Override

public void onBlockDestroyedByPlayer(World world, int xPos, int yPos,

int zPos, int meta) {

double x = xPos;

double y = yPos;

double z = zPos;

world.newExplosion(null, x, y, z, 3F, true, true);

}

public boolean onBlockActivated(World world, int i, int j, int k, EntityPlayer entityplayer, int par6, float par7, float par8, float par9) {

world.setBlockToAir(i,j, k);

net.minecraft.item.Item equipped = entityplayer.getCurrentEquippedItem() != null ? entityplayer.getCurrentEquippedItem().getItem() : null;

if (equipped instanceof ItemDetect);

return blockConstructorCalled;

thanks!

You're calling

World#setBlockToAir

before you check what the player's holding, so it always removes the block. Do you actually understand what your code is doing?

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

You know what imports do, too, right?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Great that is working in your case. Are there any other solutions I can try? Mine is not working for a week.
    • We tried but now it doesnt even load, it gets stuck on loading. https://mclo.gs/sYJGdXx
    • the modpack start but when i close crash DEBUG LOG : https://paste.ee/p/3WjHl#section0
    • Looks like an issue with betterpingdisplay - make a test without it
    • I made a basic homing arrow, which I am going to refine further, but as of now I have the problem of the Arrow not rendering properly. It works fine on the server side, but on the client it always appears as if the arrow was flying normally, until it synchs and teleports around.   [https://gemoo.com/tools/upload-video/share/661346070437036032?codeId=MpmzxaW0pBpE1&card=661346066800603136&origin=videolinkgenerator] the white particles are created by the entity every tick on the server side and represent its actual flying path.   My best guess is that this behaviour is caused, because minecraft appears to try to predict the projectiles path on the client side instead of constantly synching (perhaps something to do with it implementing the TracableEntity interface??). I am thinking I need help with either 1. Getting the client to use my custom Tick function in its path prediction, or 2. (the less elegant solution) getting the game to synch up the direction, position and movement etc. every tick.     Note that my custom arrow class extends AbstractArrow. everything important it does: private static final EntityDataAccessor<Integer> TARGET_ENTITY = SynchedEntityData.defineId(ReachArrow.class, EntityDataSerializers.INT); @Override public void addAdditionalSaveData(CompoundTag pCompound) { super.addAdditionalSaveData(pCompound); pCompound.putInt("TargetEntity", this.getTargetEntity()); } @Override public void readAdditionalSaveData(CompoundTag pCompound) { super.readAdditionalSaveData(pCompound); this.setTargetEntity(pCompound.getInt("TargetEntity")); } @Override protected void defineSynchedData() { super.defineSynchedData(); this.entityData.define(TARGET_ENTITY, -1); } @Override public void shootFromRotation(Entity pShooter, float pX, float pY, float pZ, float pVelocity, float pInaccuracy) { LivingEntity target = ReachArrow.findNearestTarget(this.level(),(LivingEntity) pShooter,50d); if(pShooter instanceof LivingEntity && target !=null){ //pShooter.sendSystemMessage(Component.literal("setting id "+target.getId()+" as target")); setTargetEntity(target.getId()); //pShooter.sendSystemMessage(Component.literal("target set")); } super.shootFromRotation(pShooter, pX, pY, pZ, pVelocity, pInaccuracy); } public static LivingEntity findNearestTarget(Level world, LivingEntity shooter, double range) { AABB searchBox = shooter.getBoundingBox().inflate(range); List<LivingEntity> potentialTargets = world.getEntitiesOfClass(LivingEntity.class, searchBox, EntitySelector.NO_SPECTATORS); LivingEntity nearestTarget = null; double closestDistance = Double.MAX_VALUE; for (LivingEntity potentialTarget : potentialTargets) { if (potentialTarget != shooter && potentialTarget.isAlive()) { double distance = shooter.distanceToSqr(potentialTarget); if (distance < closestDistance) { closestDistance = distance; nearestTarget = potentialTarget; } } } return nearestTarget; } I tried fixing the problem by storing the Target using SynchedEntityData, which not only didn't fix the problem, but also added unwanted, blue particles to the arrow (like on tipped arrow) Thank you in advance for any help or hints, I am quite new at this so you could probably help me a lot. :)
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.