[SOLVED] [1.7.10] config file not saving changes

Glistre

First, sorry I am still on 1.7.10 I will move on very, very quickly, believe me.

Everything seems to work fine on my custom config but it does not really save correctly.  If you change the config once the game is launched the config will not save/ overwrite the config it started with ...meaning you have to actually edit the config file  ..

That's probably because it's 1.7.10?

package com.glistre.glistremod.lib;

import com.glistre.glistremod.GlistreMod;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler;
import net.minecraftforge.common.config.Configuration;

public class ConfigurationGlistre {

public static boolean cheapRecipe;
//ore attempt
public static boolean enableWorldGeneration;

//	

//ID attempt
public static int biomeGlistreID;
public static int biomeFreonID;
public static int dimensionId;

public static final boolean CHEAPRECIPE_DEFAULT = false;
public static final String CHEAPRECIPE_NAME = "Enables the cheap recipe for the Silver Sword and Glistering Bread";
public static final boolean WORLDSETTINGS_DEFAULT = true;
public static final String WORLD_SETTINGS = "Allows custom ore to generate in the world.";

public static final String CATEGORY_BIOME = "Change the ID of the Biomes";
public static final String CATEGORY_DIMENSION = "Change the ID of the Dimension";

public static void loadConfig(){
	FMLCommonHandler.instance().bus().register(GlistreMod.instance);

// recipes
	final String RECIPES = GlistreMod.config.CATEGORY_GENERAL + GlistreMod.config.CATEGORY_SPLITTER + "Recipes";
	GlistreMod.config.addCustomCategoryComment(RECIPES, "Enable or disable recipes");
	cheapRecipe = GlistreMod.config.get(RECIPES, CHEAPRECIPE_NAME, CHEAPRECIPE_DEFAULT).getBoolean(CHEAPRECIPE_DEFAULT);

// world settings
	final String WORLDGEN = GlistreMod.config.CATEGORY_GENERAL + GlistreMod.config.CATEGORY_SPLITTER + "World Settings";
	GlistreMod.config.addCustomCategoryComment(WORLDGEN, "Enable or disable world settings");
	enableWorldGeneration = GlistreMod.config.get(WORLDGEN, WORLD_SETTINGS, WORLDSETTINGS_DEFAULT).getBoolean(WORLDSETTINGS_DEFAULT);

final String CATEGORY_BIOME = GlistreMod.config.CATEGORY_GENERAL + GlistreMod.config.CATEGORY_SPLITTER + "Biomes";
	GlistreMod.config.addCustomCategoryComment(CATEGORY_BIOME, "ID of the Biomes");
	biomeGlistreID = GlistreMod.config.get(Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, "Glistering Biome ID", 155).getInt();  
	biomeFreonID = GlistreMod.config.get(Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, "Freon Biome ID", 154).getInt();  

final String CATEGORY_DIMENSION = GlistreMod.config.CATEGORY_GENERAL + GlistreMod.config.CATEGORY_SPLITTER + "Dimensions";
	GlistreMod.config.addCustomCategoryComment(CATEGORY_DIMENSION, "ID of the Dimension");
	dimensionId = GlistreMod.config.get(Configuration.CATEGORY_GENERAL, "dimensionFreonId", .getInt();  

if(GlistreMod.config.hasChanged()){

GlistreMod.config.save();
	}
}

}

comment this:

if(GlistreMod.config.hasChanged()){

Because fuck it, if it hasn't changed, save it anyway because who's going to notice.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Thank you, but that did not seem to change anything when I commented it out.

My config looks fine when I go into the mod and click on the gui button "config" and appears to change the setting but it never changes anything .  The only time I can change is when I go into the the config file and edit ...

Well, this mod is really cool, believe me. ..cannot wait to update it to 1.8 but I have got to finish it up

I would really, really, appreciate any help on this

Here's the rest of my code ...this is my recipe class:

package com.glistre.glistremod.lib;

import com.glistre.glistremod.GlistreMod;
import com.glistre.glistremod.blocks.BlockRegistry;
import com.glistre.glistremod.items.ItemRegistry;
import cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry;
import net.minecraft.enchantment.Enchantment;
import net.minecraft.init.Blocks;
import net.minecraft.init.Items;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.util.EnumChatFormatting;

public class Recipes {

public static void initShapedRecipes(){
	if(!ConfigurationGlistre.secretRecipe){

//  SWORD RECIPE  
   	        GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(ItemRegistry.SilverSword_1, 1), new Object[]{" X "," X "," S ", 'S', Items.stick,'X', ItemRegistry.SilverIngot_1,});

}else{

//  SWORD RECIPE  
   	        GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(ItemRegistry.SilverSword_1, 1), new Object[]{" X "," X "," S ", 'S', Items.stick,'X', BlockRegistry.MyBlock_1,});
	}

}
public static void initShapelessRecipes(){
	if(!ConfigurationGlistre.secretRecipe){
	//  GLISTERING BREAD standard RECIPE
         ItemStack glistrebread = new ItemStack(ItemRegistry.GlistreFood_1);        
         GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(glistrebread, ItemRegistry.Glistre_Dust, Items.bread);
   	// GLISTRE DUST standard RECIPE
        ItemStack GlistreDust = new ItemStack(ItemRegistry.Glistre_Dust);        
        GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(GlistreDust, ItemRegistry.SilverIngot_1, Items.gold_ingot);
	}else{ 
	//   GLISTERING BREAD secret RECIPE
         ItemStack glistrebread = new ItemStack(ItemRegistry.GlistreFood_1);        
         GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(glistrebread, Blocks.dirt, Items.bread);
    //   Glistre Sword secret recipe
    	ItemStack enchant = new ItemStack(ItemRegistry.Glistre_Sword);
    	enchant.addEnchantment(Enchantment.fireAspect, 7);
    	GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(enchant, Items.bone, Items.golden_apple);
    //   Silver Pickaxe secret recipe
    	ItemStack enchant02 = new ItemStack(ItemRegistry.SilverPickaxe_1);
    	enchant02.addEnchantment(Enchantment.fortune, 11);
    	GameRegistry.addShapelessRecipe(enchant02, Items.bone, Items.quartz);

}

}

public static void initSmeltingRecipes(){
   	// SMELTING GLISTRE INGOT RECIPE
        ItemStack GlistreIngot2 = new ItemStack(ItemRegistry.Glistre_Ingot);
        GameRegistry.addSmelting(ItemRegistry.Glistre_Dust, GlistreIngot2, 12.0F);      

}
}

And this is in my main class:

/* 	MOD INFO */
@Mod(modid = Reference.MOD_ID, name = Reference.MOD_NAME, version = Reference.VERSION, guiFactory = "com.glistre.glistremod.lib.GlistreGuiFactory")
//, dependencies = "required-after:Mystcraft"

public class GlistreMod {

/*	PROXY INFO */
@SidedProxy(clientSide = ("com.glistre.glistremod.proxies.ClientProxy"), serverSide = ("com.glistre.glistremod.proxies.CommonProxy"))
public static CommonProxy proxy;

public static Configuration config;

@Mod.Instance(Reference.MOD_ID)	
public static GlistreMod instance;

public static Logger log = FMLLog.getLogger();

GlistreEventHandler handler = new GlistreEventHandler();

@EventHandler	
public void preInit(FMLPreInitializationEvent event) {

FMLCommonHandler.instance().bus().register(handler);
MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(handler);

proxy.preInit();

config = new Configuration(event.getSuggestedConfigurationFile());
ConfigurationGlistre.loadConfig();

I tried this event in both my main class and event class:

@SubscribeEvent
public void onConfigChanged(ConfigChangedEvent.OnConfigChangedEvent event){
if(event.modID.equals(Reference.MOD_ID))
//resync configs this is where restart would or not be required
{
	ConfigurationGlistre.loadConfig();
}
}

I'm not familiar with how Forge's in-game config GUIs function, but it seems to me like calling #loadConfig again would overwrite any changes you may have made from the GUI with the values from the actual file.

Speaking of which, GUIs are client-side only, so any config settings that you allow to be configured from there either need to only be used on the client side, OR you need to have a way of getting the new settings to the server so the config file on the server (which may or may not be on the player's computer) can actually save them.

Take a look at Battlegear2, for example, specifically their GUI's #onGuiClosed method, and their Config class' #refreshConfig method.

I'm not familiar with how Forge's in-game config GUIs function, but it seems to me like calling #loadConfig again would overwrite any changes you may have made from the GUI with the values from the actual file.

Speaking of which, GUIs are client-side only, so any config settings that you allow to be configured from there either need to only be used on the client side, OR you need to have a way of getting the new settings to the server so the config file on the server (which may or may not be on the player's computer) can actually save them.

Take a look at Battlegear2, for example, specifically their GUI's #onGuiClosed method, and their Config class' #refreshConfig method.

so in #onConfigChangedEvent  I would not load the Configuration.Glistre?  That is where I have "if config hasChanged ...config.save() ... I would think it would save the change then load the saved config ...

I never see an event for onConfigChangedEvent ...nothing ever shows up in the console I add a Systemout.println  it does not seem that any event ever takes place

looks like I have followed this tutorial to the letter:

https://github.com/Minalien/BlogArchive/blob/master/ForgeTutorials/Spotlight__Config_GUIs.md

... everything appears to work but it does not .. the config is created at the default and you can change in the config setting in Minecraft via the config button then change in the gui screen but the config never changes

it's always the default

Is it possible that this does not work in 1.7.10 version 10.13.4.14.92? 

that is what I am using