Get IInventory instance on item drop in crafting bench

xTimPugz

As the title says, does anyone know a way to do this?

I want to make a recipe to add to an existing mod, but I cannot edit the source for it.

I am just doing this manually.

Thanks for the help! (This is my first post here, don't slaughter me please :) )

If you want to add a recipe to the vanilla crafting table, call

GameRegistry.addRecipe

with an

IRecipe

. If you want to add a recipe to a mod's crafting system (e.g. a machine of some sort), use its API.

If this isn't what you're talking about, you'll need to be more specific.

In future, please include the Minecraft version you're using in the thread title.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Ah okay.

The problem is, the mod itself is kind of massive.

And I'm not sure how to register it for that mod, and the developers aren't responding to me I'm afraid.

I am using version 1.7.10 Minecraft.

Thanks

EDIT: Perhaps a better question, what event can I use to get when an item is placed in a crafting inventory?

No such thing. Every mod can use their own systems, so basically if they are not designed to support other mod interactions, they won't.

If mod author doesn't provide (for 1.7.10) decompiled src or deobfuscated API, you will either have to decompile mod on your own or use massive Reflection hax to interact with other mod without it even knowing.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

What mod?

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

LotR doesn't have an API (apparently the author hates people making submods, what).

So here's what I recommend:

1) Deobfusate his mod using Gradle (there's a way to make Gradle make a runtime jar work in dev, I forget how exactly as I've never done it)

2) Explore the source to figure out how his recipes work

3) Add your own

And yes, it's legal to do this.  You aren't distributing any of his work, you're merely writing code to interact with his.  And that's fine.  The author can grumble about it, but he can't actually do anything to stop it.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.